Find
Notify
Tools

Ready for 2023?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted
I know some have already kicked off the 2023 season, but some of us in the cold part of the country are still getting ready. Who is still getting ready and what races are on your schedule for this season?

We got both of our transmissions back last weekend, waiting on the dragster motor and the Tbird motor should be back together this weekend. Little bit of work on the motorhome and we’ll be set of 2023.

Some of the races we have on the schedule:
- working man’s 10k @ kilkare
- Hootenanny @ dragway 42
- both ACE races at dragway 42
- Summer Fling at trails

If you’re at these races stop by and say hello!

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
not ready yet, will be by the week of 4/10.

Firebird is getting painted, dragster engine and both transmissions won't be back until 3/31. Motorhome will get new awning and toppers before we start.

Have 4 LODRS Divisionals, all the BIG $ races at Numidia and the Summer Fling on the schedule.

See you at the Fling.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
B - You forgot the OktoberFast Bracket Nationals at Edgewater, Sept 22-24. Wink

Not ready at all, leaving Thursday for Gulfport! LOL OK, well, I did fix some wiring on the trailer, charged the race car batteries, and bought race fuel. Will change the oil when I get there.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Put the rotating assembly in the block of the dragster engine this past weekend. Over the next month we'll get that buttoned up and on the dyno.

I'll start accumulating seat belts and batteries during April. It's usually pretty close to May before I drag anything out of storage.

Planning on 8 divisional events, 1-2 nationals, and whatever else looks good along the way.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
After a mandated freshen early last October, I'm ready for 2023. Will begin it at the Vegas Spring Fling Million! Really looking forward to it!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Going to see how ready thursday night if not cold here. Last week 80's this week looks to be 20 to maybe high 50's. But hey weathers at Gators not bad except little rain,nothing like last year.

Will see what weather says and hope to make few hits this week.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Been down since the wreck fall of 2020. New car 95% done. Final chassis dyno tune for the EFI later this week.

Last item is I need to get the chassis certified. First race weather permitting is first weekend in April.

Will see if all the pieces of the puzzle come together in time.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Front end alignment, spark plugs, oil change & new ignition box should have me ready in a few weeks. Really looking forward to this season as last year had one health issue after the other that kept me away from the track.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Tested and race ready, New Winberg billet crank, new MGP rods, new Diamond pistons, total seal rings, fresh rebuild on Isky 904 bushed lifters, heads fresh with valve job, flat milled and new SS O-rings installed from SPE, fuel pump rebuilt and flowed by FIE. Trans fresh with new clutches, seals, springs and band. New MW Brake rotors, TBM pads, fresh Hoosier c1550s.
Leaving next week to see my dad in Calif, going to stop and run the Arizona and Winternationals along the way Big Grin
And yes it is for sale

Posts: 2429 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No offense intended to anyone, but we are already three months into 2023. And some of you are still "getting ready"? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
No offense intended to anyone, but we are already three months into 2023. And some of you are still "getting ready"? Take care. Tom Worthington

My first race is not until 4/22. I have everything in hand to get the car ready for the season. I am in no rush.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
we are already three months into 2023. And some of you are still "getting ready"?

I shoveled and blew snow two days last week and it’s still only 40* in my garage. Won’t be getting my trailer out of the garage to get to the car for another month. This is the first year in the past five that I’m not heading SE to race in March/ April. First money race up here is Memorial Day weekend.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
New front tires, new ignition system upgrade, oil changed, valve lash checked, fueled, loaded, and ready to donate.
Was ready for the March 4th opening day at Clay City, it just didn't happen.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1661 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Not even close. Haven't touched the car in a while. Got quite the long list to complete and absolutely zero motivation to get it done right now.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just about have the new to me-well sort of- 67 chevy11 done-got if fired and getting ready the old vette is waiting for the snow to melt and new owner to pick up sorry to see it leave after 32! years we have turned on LOTS of bulbs together. Chevy11 is an old friend car he wont sell but gave me to race as long as I want did chassis on it in 1988-wow that long anyway it should be fun first real race is eddyville twin 11s weekend before memorial day have fun every one!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:

When I lived in North Carolina, I started racing in January, too. I no longer live in North Carolina. -=shrug=- It's a different world in the wintry north.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ran the double divisional in Phoenix already but the car is in the chassis shop right now getting a new fuel tank mount and having a belly pan installed instead of the diaper.

Should be good to go by the time the double in Vegas rolls around.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have really got shot down--no new motor so decided to use current one till it gets here. One good race missed and another happening this week end. About chopped my big toe off a month ago and its still not completely healed. Car out there in pieces. I'll get there sometime I guess.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Like some, we started racing in Jan. 2023 & that's normal for our track. As for being ready, the car is doing very well & the driver is along for the ride. Smile

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2548 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post