Find
Notify
Tools

New Orleans, LA
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted
My Wife and I are coming down to New Orleans, LA the first week of April for Wrestlemania 34. We are already planning on going on one of the ghost tours while we are there but I wanted to ask those from that area if there are any specific restaurants or bars we should check out.

Thanks!

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
There only one thing I can tell you, after a late night out end the evening here . Its a piece of New Orleans you'll never forget....

http://www.cafedumonde.com/beignets

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ that’s right !

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I love going to Nawlins, been to Mardi gras a few times, fun town if you like to party and people watch. Dont waste your money on a ghost tour, its more ghost stories. JMO

Posts: 2438 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I'm think the last time I was there was in January 2011 and I saw the most unusually happening in the street . Three High Tone ladies dressed to the 9's , all looked like they were models out of a Vogue Magazine. Well they see this older fat guy about 60 years old with a necklace of the biggest gold beans I have ever seen. So one of these ladies in a all black high end business suit and 6" heels comes up and says I want those beads. See where this is going. Of course he said "take it off", well she begins while her girlfriends are holding one thing after another with the crowd growing till she is down to a garter belt, stockings, bra and G string and the old guy said "keep going" . The cops show up and are watching telling the woman "you do any ****her your going to jail" This goes on for another 20 minutes showing some of her goods when the cops backed away. This was a Tuesday night after 1 in the am..... Old gave the beads up.... She was very happy . I can not imagine what goes on during Mardi Gras....

Not something for the wife....LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Superior seafood and oyster bar in the garden district at corner of St Charles and Napoleon (Superior SEAFOOD not Superior bar and grill, the superior bar and grill is not good)
get the shrimp and grits the oysters called angels on horse back are good the crawfish corn bread is good as well

Willie Mae's scotch house in the seventh ward
(be there 30 min before they open a line will form and you will wait a long time)
Best fried chicken you will have the red beans and rice there is some of the best iv had

Café du Monde is a must

Brennan's in the French quarter is a must for desert the bananas foster is great and where it was invented. Awesome breakfast but be prepared to drop $100+ on breakfast for two

Surreys cafe and juice bar off magazine st in the lower garden district is a great place for breakfast and it won't clean out your wallet like at Brennan's

The Ruby Slipper off burgundy in the French quarter is pretty good for breakfast and the cool thing is it's in an old bank that was robbed by Bonnie and Clyde

Drago's seafood in Metairie. The oysters are pretty good, the stuffed whole lobsters are good and not as expensive as u would think that is sounds

Watch the places in the French quarter(besides Brennan's the ruby slipper and Cafe Du Monde)most of them are tourist traps and not as good as u would think. The places I listed are great and u won't be disappointed. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Outlawed4032,

Posts: 2 | Location: Somewhere in Texas  | Registered: June 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 6Volt
posted Hide Post
Cafe Du Monde for Beignets

Central Grocery for a Muffuletta

Either the Redfish Grill or Bourbon House on Bourbon Street are great spots to eat dinner before a night out. The BBQ Shrimp Poboy ya Bourbon House is legit.

For something a little more quiet/higher end Emril’a NOLA in the French Quarter or Commander’s Palace in the Garden district are fantastic.

Get you a Hand Grenade at Tropical Isle and a Hurricane from Pat O’briens. The Cats Meow karaoke bar is always a good time.

Also if you have some free time, the Audubon Aquarium on the river is a pretty neat place. Definitely underrated. There’s always some cool street performers and artists around Jackson Square during the day.

There’s so many other cool spots it’s hard to narrow it down. You’ll have a blast no matter where you go. Hope this helps.

Cody Harger
Charger Racing

Posts: 22 | Location: West Monroe, LA | Registered: January 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mile High
posted Hide Post
When we are visiting a different city I always check out Tripadvisor for that city. Places to eat, things to do and places to stay.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/To...siana-Vacations.html

Jeff Smile

Posts: 110 | Location: On a Summer adventure with the car | Registered: December 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Almonaster Avenue. Da'Pad

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chef Ron's Gumbo Restaurant in Metairie is a very good and affordable place. Its located in front of the La Quinta Motel on Causeway Blvd, just south of I-10. Good luck and have a great time.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post