DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Most memorable win light
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most memorable win light
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don't even remember the win light in Immokolee, this win light I do remember.

This is the night Chuck won the Wally and King Of the Track, getting by the guy who won two million dollar bracket races. Both are 009 in the final with Chuck holding 3 hundredths, the other guy is a half thousandths under taking 1 or 2 thou. Killer race. Chuck and I pitted together up until Sunshine closed, I built his engines & trans. Killer racer. Could beat anyone. BBC 69 Camaro Big Tires BLP Alky carb. Deadly

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I've had some pretty great final rounds but none can top an NHRA National Final round with Buster Couch flipping the switch in front of a packed house and my opponent goes .001 RED and I saw it immediately....

It's ancient history but it did happen and it was just an incredible unforgettable event.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I raced an event in Savannah, Ga...my good friend and I towed up together and shared a room...on the way up we agreed to meet up in the final and take all the money...lo and behold we did meet in an 8 round final...he really wanted to win since his son had won an Ironman in juniors earlier that day and he wanted to father/son it...

I had a nice package and beat him for my first Ironman...btw, he was the much better racer at the time and my car was hurt for the last 4 rounds...I won $2500 and it cost me $5500 to fix my motor when I got home...lol...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
One more quick one...I won an event at Orlando one time and the MOV was the tightest I have ever had.... .00003 ...holy guacamole!...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I've had some pretty great final rounds but none can top an NHRA National Final round with Buster Couch flipping the switch in front of a packed house and my opponent goes .001 RED and I saw it immediately....

It's ancient history but it did happen and it was just an incredible unforgettable event.

Hell Yeah I believe it, where was it, Englishtown?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Yes....I have 3 Wally wins there including that one...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Yes....I have 3 Wally wins there including that one...

If you can win three Wally's at Englishtown, you can win em anywhere.

Still can't believe they pulled the plug on that place.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did not win this race but it still stands out as my most memorable final---both of us had perfect runs, .000 lights and dead on zero--his win light came on. I'll never forget it.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Might've been the year I come into the last night of racing, 4 rounds out for the Super Pro Championship Sunshine. 41 race season mind you.

Imagine losing that after coming into the last race 4 rounds ahead, that would suck. The effort of 41 races up in Smoke. 7 rounds available and your four rounds in the lead.

I won the final round and the championship. The other guy lost third round.

That must've sucked.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Any time it comes on in the first would is good for me.

Probably 5 day bracket championship at west palm in 2012. My car was horrible that week and we change convertor and all kinds of stuff multiple times trying to fix it. We borrowed a trans for that week and ended up not having the rings on the input shaft.

Only thing that saved me was I couldn't miss the tree at that track. Held a lot of numbers and drove the finish line the best I have in my entire life. It was definitely my lucky day.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I love these stories. Every one of them. This, (to me), is exactly why we do what we do. The feeling of "that moment" is incredible when it happens, and is just as sweet many years later.
A long time buddy raced for 2 full years before ever turning on his first Round Win light, and he bawled like a kid. Smile
Thanks for bringing it up, Wooley. Wink
I hope some more will post their stories up, and let us share in that experience.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mine was at a local bracket race. I had been having trouble with my dragster and brought out my parent's door car running mid 9s (1/4 mile days) and it was even worse. I lost first round and one rare time in my life, I bought back. A friend from work was there watching and wasn't ready for me to leave. He paid for the buyback and just asked that if I made money to pay it back. I dialed up more than a tenth and just tried to drive like I knew what I was doing. I made it down to 4 cars that night when curfew hit. At 8 cars it spun so bad I didn't think I could possibly run my number and the guy I was running was in a low 8 second dragster and caught me by half track and hung a wheel on me. I just stayed to the floor and hoped for the best, I was 4 total flat out, he was under.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
2 really stand out in my old memory finals at 131 in mich. 09 et finals put down a .009 pack for the W and takin out Bob Anderson 5th round in the 2015 king of the track race at Byron my .000 dead on .001 to Bobs .004 dead.000-oh ya I did win the finals of that race also by luck double breakout ya no-box rules

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 407 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Mike your Nova looks like a car model in that picture.. thats so cool. Smile How long have you owned it? I have owned mine 35 years. Still all steel and glass. Weighs about 3600 lbs. no driver. My most memorable win light was probably winning top dog with a foot brake car.

Thank you Sir. 34 years now, I drove it to work for 5 - 6 years 4.10 gear 450 hp 355cid T350 trans B&M Holeshot converter, Pioneer Super Tuner stereo. Had a black vinyl top, it's a 69 factory SS 350 4 speed car 12 bolt rearend. I drove it from Tampa down Hwy 41, all the way to Port Charlotte working on building a Oil platform in the early 1980's. It was like meditation every morning leaving at 4:30 am. I probably street raced it 40 times on Hwy 41, on the way to work. It run pretty decent.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At my age, every day I get up and turn the light on (win light). Now that's a good day!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thats a good one Larry. Hope you don't mind if I share as I have now turned 80 and that is a good light to see.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You’re welcome Fern. This is turning out like I hoped. Lots of good stories and memories. This is the reason why we do this, the fun,friendship, and memories. Some of my favorite memories involve racing and or the things we did at the races and people we did them with.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
2008 Chicago National Event

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
2008 Chicago National Event

Them stickers paid good money back in those days. Congrats Sir.

I could hit DesioO's house with a rock, from where I'm sitting.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Clay Roberts won the shootout at the fling yesterday--I ran him at Galot few years back and I was .010 and he was .009 both dead on zero and he got the finish on me .001. I know I won a round somewhere but I have yet to figure out where. More later