Find
Notify
Tools

Profit Margins
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted
I'm not a businessman so I don't know the answer to this but, I'll bet there's someone here that does.

With the equity firms and investment groups seemingly buying up all the performance manufacturers I wonder. When do the profit margins or ROI become not acceptable? Is 10% or 20%?

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
We finished fiscal '21 with around 16% retained earnings to distribute. Service labor is a major part of our total sales.

To say we're doing the happy dance is an understatement.

I don't think that really helps for your specific question though.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Our average increase for our basic supplies: Dexter Axles, Tires and wheels, Steel tubing and plasma cut parts and the powder coating service have increased an average of 31% since last January. We bumped the Trailer Toad price 11% last August. It will have to go up again sometime in January but the Net for our company took a 20% hit due to the Cost Side price increases and continually raising freight costs.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post