DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    IHRA makes its way to the West Coast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IHRA makes its way to the West Coast
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Eagle Field Dragstrip in Firebaugh, CA has become an IHRA sanctioned track. It's a funky little place that's run a couple of events a year since 2009. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, an official sanction does to/for their program.

https://www.ihra.com/ihra-trac...s-ihra-to-california

Posts: 121 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charlie!
Also Kern County is about to open a new strip.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Thanks Charlie!
Also Kern County is about to open a new strip.

is that the one affiliated with the Kevin Harvick track?

Posts: 121 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t know?
I can ask Robert Hoosier West.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes it is Charlie!

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Think that might chip up NHRA??

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Do they have guard walls in the shutdown area now?

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
Do they have guard walls in the shutdown area now?

It's been a few years since I've been there. I believe they shortened it to 1/8 mile after a couple of serious wrecks at the top end, but not sure of the set up now. I would assume IHRA has some sort of track standards they have to abide by?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Back to the west coast. Been a minute since they were out here but Tucson Dragway was IHRA for a few years. Not exactly a premiere facility but it's something and we aint got much. The new Kern county track is 1/8 mile as well.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not to sure about IHRA standards on guard rails a small track here in north centeral Iowa is now IHRA sanctioned as has very minimal guard rail

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 409 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The owner of Kern County Raceway didn’t say a word about a drag strip at lunch a month ago.

Not sure why you guys get all excited about a IHRA track, they sanction the track but they don’t run it

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12288 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post