DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Kalifornia gouges Jegs for selling parts,there
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kalifornia gouges Jegs for selling parts,there
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Looks like a business opportunity for me . Live in a border town and remail packages.

Posts: 30 | Location: Southwest IOWA | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am quite sure that everyone, including the State, knows the difference between race car parts and parts designed to be installed on a highway driven car. I am also sure that Summit will not even ship parts to California that are designed for highway cars that are not CARB compliant. Same thing in the plumbing industry here. We have certain mandates for water flow and lead content on all plumbing fixtures and cannot get them shipped here regardless.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
California is cash hungry, no doubt. Our plumbing company was audited last year for sales tax which also included paying sales tax on items bought on the internet out of state. Passed the audit with no problem, cause we know and follow the rules.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
Jegs and Summit both recently refused to send some fuel jugs that were not CARB compliant to a friend of mine. And Commifornia is really pissed they can't collect sales tax on sales to here from either seller.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of p7050
posted Hide Post
quote:
CARB compliant

I wonder if that applies to line locks and racing buttons that I sell, Since it modifies a car

Posts: 100 | Location: Radcliff, KY | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Shame earthquake in Mexico last week didn't just slide Cali. into ocean. Sorry for the normal folks who live there.The 15 or 20 there are.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I sell a few items, but I don't ship to California, for this exact reason.

The '16 election map tells us a lot of things. Look at where the blue squares are and compare that to demographic data.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Jegs must do a hell of a business here. It takes a lot of sales to get that much profit. I wonder why they just don't refuse to sell in Califirnia. Tell the California government to F O.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There are several items that I’ve tried to buy from Summit and have shipped here but was denied due to California State Law. One was a XS battery charger.

Never could figure out why it’s illegal to own a 16 volt battery charger when it’s legal to live and vote here when you’re in the Country illegally.

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post