DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Dragsters go 5 for 6 in Montgomery
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragsters go 5 for 6 in Montgomery
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Newbie Nim, same old azzclown with a different screen name. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2568 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Champ winning in that door car is just setting slo-box cars up for failure........... prove me wrong....LOL

Gotta do something to keep those big buck fields filled. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Champ winning in that door car is just setting slo-box cars up for failure........... prove me wrong....LOL

Gotta do something to keep those big buck fields filled. Take care. Tom Worthington

LOL!!!

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Cory Gulliti has won big money in a small pickup and in a fast dragster lately.

Maybe it is the driver? Just a crazy thought.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe it is the driver?

could be lol HMMMM

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
Bracket guys arguing which race car is better is like golfers arguing about who's knicker pants look more ridiculous.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
If promoters went back to all run fields we would go back to dragsters winning a vast majority of the time. Without the split fields, this topic wouldn’t exist.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
If promoters went back to all run fields we would go back to dragsters winning a vast majority of the time. Without the split fields, this topic wouldn’t exist.

Truth

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed. I prefer SFG method of door car / dragster separation until finals. Racing an all door car event is even more appealing.

Posts: 2478 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Incase we all forgot fields got somewhat larger when they became seperate-more door cars showed up Im all for door cars but its what I got so.....

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Can't forget that a lot of people went from 2 dragsters, to 1 or 2 dragsters and a door car.
Being in the door car class is like being in a separate race until the end and they get combined.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1220 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

Agreed. I prefer SFG method of door car / dragster separation until finals. Racing an all door car event is even more appealing.

certainly more fun to watch along at home on MMTV

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Incase we all forgot fields got somewhat larger when they became seperate-more door cars showed up Im all for door cars but its what I got so.....

Why is that?

By the way. I see you are from Des Moines. I’ve spent some time up there. There is an awesome food joint outside of town near the Microsoft site called “The Chicken”. I love that place and hope to get back up there soon.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well I would say some folks are just "chicken" to race dragsters because of the MPH advantage-not me- Ill have to go check out the resturant tonight me an the wife are overdue a meal out-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Well I would say some folks are just "chicken" to race dragsters because of the MPH advantage-not me- Ill have to go check out the resturant tonight me an the wife are overdue a meal out-lol

Ha. Well played!

I believe my usual was the hot chicken Sunday or something like that. Chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, gravy…. No damn wonder I’m fat.

Mikey

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

certainly more fun to watch along at home on MMTV

Yep, when the dragsters start to run, its time to cut the grass.

If the dragster are doing wheelies, that could be fun to watch.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post