DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Drag racing is thriving
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drag racing is thriving
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Google Drag Racing at "The Bend"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCMrQ8dvUOE

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Place looks great!

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1382 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
There was supposed to be a drag strip and circle track built at Thornburg, VA a few years back by the people that used to own Mananass, VA track. The circle track can be seen from I-95 but seems all construction there has stopped. Any one know anything about this?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Cool looking place. I want to see it when it's all finished.

Fern, doing the googles, all that I saw was Dominion, which looks like it has been around for a spell.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Three tracks I know of closed this week alone. Good to see a new track opening but Drag Racing is in trouble.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4032 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Three tracks I know of closed this week alone. Good to see a new track opening but Drag Racing is in trouble.

Noooo.... didn't you see that one bracket race had a lot of cars and the Street Outlaws event was packed?? Drag racing is healthy as ever! (sarcasm)

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 631 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I'm 60. Drag racing won't expire in my life time. After that, it ain't my problem.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sly I am 82, think it will out last me? I'll be at Darlington tomorrow night!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
See you there Fern! Always nice to see the old Olds!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post