DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    New Mexico racers, Congrats!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico racers, Congrats!
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
A big shout out to the New Mexico racers for kicking some butt at the last Phoenix NHRA National event. Four of them in the semifinals, Fred Jaramillo, Dan Bain, Bill Dennis and Sammy Gonzales. Two of them made the final, Bill lost a close one to Chris Bishop in Super Gas and Sammy took out reigning World Champion Lance Abbot in Top Sportsman.

Great job guys!!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS to the NM racers! My local guy’s did not well but this happens! Cash flow did you stay home ? I’m hoping this is not the last at WHP , maybe something will change! Those NM racers did great!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did stay home, car is at TR Chassis in Las Cruces getting a new fuel tank mount and a belly pan instead of the diaper. Won’t run again till the Vegas double divisional.

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Much better than the old Mexico racers that don't know the rules...... Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Congratulations! Much better than the old Mexico racers that don't know the rules...... Laughing Hard

Yeah, I typically root for the Cuadra clan as the underdogs, but he really showed his ass with that deal. Whether Caruso did it on purpose or accident, the guy in the other lane needs to know the rules.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
Dan Bain is a Texas racer. I don't care where's he's lived last 20 years. LOL

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fivecentcharlie:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

Yeah, I typically root for the Cuadra clan as the underdogs, but he really showed his ass with that deal. Whether Caruso did it on purpose or accident, the guy in the other lane needs to know the rules.

I'm pretty sure that father Cuadra or his son didn't know that double bulbing was legal in the pro classes. But they sure do now.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It was awesome Vern you should have been there

Posts: 181 | Location: albuquerque | Registered: August 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sam, I wish I would have been there! You win a National event and you get a hug whether you like it or not. Really proud of you bud, just got through talking to Rick Esparza about it. He will have my car done this week so I should make the Vegas double the end of April. See you there.