DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    2020 Chevrolet Silverado
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Chevrolet Silverado
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anybody see the photos online?

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What I saw was one ugly truck.

Posts: 511 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Should be able to see the road at night Big Grin

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of speedwrench44
posted Hide Post
Think he was behind me Saturday night coming out of San Antonio

Dave

Posts: 260 | Location: Heldnfelt, Texas | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
The new front end should make the square wheel wells invisible. Still waiting on them to make a rounded cab.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
had to make the hood line taller to fit the little turbo 4 cylinder?

I'll be interested in reviews of the little 4 pot engine.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post

Posts: 106 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
I never posted pics, but i tried to post a picture of the Griswald's family truckster....it has a striking resemblance

Posts: 106 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
heck ... what's the big deal every new Chevy since 1973 I thought " what are they thinking"
but they grew on me in time.... This one just going to take a lot longer....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Every time a new truck comes out be it a GeeM, Ferd or Nopar.... nobody likes it.... but guess what? They buy them.. Big Grin
910 foot lbs , 10 speed Allison. Wow..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
That new 4 cyl turbo will be interesting. Confused

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
That new 4 cyl turbo will be interesting. Confused

https://www.forbes.com/sites/j...linder-turbo-engine/

It would not be my choice..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Been driving my bosses Dodges half a diesel, never towed with it but its a peppy full size 4 door truck getting 21 mpg around town. Only has 20,000 mile on it with zero problems so far. Its a plush black on black beast with all the bells and whistles. He never buys always lease, so far all good. He did have to black out some of the front grill , way to much bling up there.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
3.0? 1500? 21 around town wow!

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
That new 4 cyl turbo will be interesting.

There's no replacement for displacement, or so they say. They have to turbo charge a 4 cyl. to get enough power out of it. Read overtax it, over work it. It's yet to be seen, but I have my doubts about longevity. Sure they'll have enough to get them out of warranty but for those individuals that don't view there vehicle as disposable the jury is still out.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2355 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
not to mention the fact that GM is shutting down multiple plants in the USA and moving them to mexico

tax payers bailed them out just so they could make ugly trucks and shut down USA factories

Posts: 842 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
not to mention the fact that GM is shutting down multiple plants in the USA and moving them to mexico

tax payers bailed them out just so they could make ugly trucks and shut down USA factories

Do you have a source for that? They are shutting down some US and Canadian plants, so the existing plants in Mexico will be producing a larger share of the total. I can't find anything about new plants in Mexico.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

Do you have a source for that? They are shutting down some US and Canadian plants, so the existing plants in Mexico will be producing a larger share of the total. I can't find anything about new plants in Mexico.

I had to do some searching for this myself. i thought they were nixing the Cruise. But one article said it was moving to mexico.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I've read 5 articles and found no mention of plants going to Mexico? Are those existing plants? Maybe Im missing something? ( No Comments MOE!!) Closing single shift plants, re tooling for more suv/truck packages. Volts going by by I hear... I know of two Volt owners and they are very impressed. EV Still don't pencil out in the end... Hybrids much better..

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe Im missing something?

He's just blowing off steam w/o regard for accuracy.

quote:
i thought they were nixing the Cruise. But one article said it was moving to mexico.

In all fairness, and I'm not sure they deserve it, they can't keep an entire plant and it's overhead open for a single model of that volume. GM had better start making some good decisions it has defeated them in the past. With short term, path of least resistance, guiding their decisions without regard for long term sustainability. Kinda like politicians, I'll be gone when that bill comes due.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2355 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post