DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Statement of Action Against Participant
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Statement of Action Against Participant
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Usually these seem kind of silly.A Top Dragster guy goes 5.991 and is quicker than 6.00 for a disqualification.

If you are going to get called out,go for it.

https://www.nhraracer.com/cont...eid=72871&zoneid=132

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
go big then go home.

ep-i like it

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
I can see missing it a tenth in a junior, they can be pretty unpredictable. But 1.5 under?? SHEESH. They really uncorked that thing

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
That's some serious holding!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3156 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
7.017 seconds and a speed of 94.04 miles per hour. The pass was below the minimum of 8.50 seconds

8.50??
Juniors run 7.90 minimum around here.

85+ MPH has always been the thing that will get you tossed.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1649 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
7.017 seconds and a speed of 94.04 miles per hour. The pass was below the minimum of 8.50 seconds

8.50??
Juniors run 7.90 minimum around here.

85+ MPH has always been the thing that will get you tossed.

8.50 was likely an age thing. 7.50/7.90 is for older kids. They changed it around here, I think 16+ can go 7.50.

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Remember in Top Gun when Viper says "Rules at Top Gun exist for your safety. They are not flexible, nor am I."

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why not give them a 5.50 cert or a top alky cert and see who can really go 5.7x. Promod can go 5.70's so whats the cert for that? and at Ducks race in GA cars are going 3.5X to the 1/8 on Radials and no wheelie bars so were is the line? Glen Butcher/ Lester Johnson in TS can run under the 6.00 limit way under I'd guess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HR3377,

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
HR3377, if they want to run 5.70s there a class for them, top alcohol dragster

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Training them young, that's the future of the sport.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
The part that cracks me up is "SUPPOSEDLY" this is a performance based sport BUT when some guys work on their stuff to get the max performance out of it they get their pee-pee slapped.

And people wonder why PDRA is doing so well with over 50 entrees for TD alone.
Not too mention, you get qualifying money and if you race the Elite TD you only race 4 ROUNDS and you get PAID over DOUBLE what NHRA pays.
NHRA wonders why they have a hard time filling fields especially at divisionals, here's a hint: the fast guys are racing PDRA.
It's a no brainer.
I don't call 6.10 fast, we were running in the 5's years ago (when nobody cared).

Mike,
5.70's won't even get you in the TAD show.
That's the problem, NHRA doesn't have a class for the 5.70 guys.
Believe me, it takes A LOT of HARD WORK to get a car to go 5.70's (or quicker) with a converter.
NHRA CAN fix it if they so choose pretty easily but they won't.
All they have to do is make TD 1/8th mile instead of quarter.
Give out qualifying points (and money) and UP the purse.
I JUST FIXED IT.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pentastarrail,

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
HR3377, if they want to run 5.70s there a class for them, top alcohol dragster

I think we can agree that’s a different performance level and cost level. At least td is still bracket racing and not heads up

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6403 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
8.50 minimum et is for a 10-12 yo. racer in a Jr. dragster obviously owned and tuned by their parent. And we're comparing their rules and et limits to TD driven by licensed adults?

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
I don't think some of you guys clicked the link lol, this has nothing to do with TD.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Nim,
We are responding to 442's statement and the responses about TD.
We do know the article is about a junior but it still shows the NHRA's lack of wanting performance in a performance based sport.
Eek

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
ah, I see. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it get uncapped and moved to 1/8th mile, but I still don't think they'd draw more cars doing so. I know some of those guys and as soon as it got changed from 1/4 you'd probably lose the few faithful's you had left over it. Unless they can radically improve pay structure to out-compete PDRA.

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Nim,
We do know the article is about a junior but it still shows the NHRA's lack of wanting performance in a performance based sport.
Eek

TD isn't heads up, it's only partially performanced based for qualifying.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nim,
Eek

Hey Frank! How are ya?
I agree , it is a comparison.
Maybe there should be an Elite NHRA 1/8 mile 16 car field at the events also.
And yes , it should follow the 5.99 spec. Bottom line, that’s hauling the mail!
JMO

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4494 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
... but it still shows the NHRA's lack of wanting performance in a performance based sport.
Eek

You have to draw the line somewhere to keep it even and give everyone a chance to compete. Otherwise, the one who spends the most will almost certainly win.

That is why I like bracket racing, my ****box can compete with the big dogs and I don't mind racing for $1000 to win at a local level.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://www.nhraracer.com/cont...eid=72869&zoneid=132

That is the one I thought was a little silly.The guy gets called out for .009 too quick.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post