DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    2020 Buick Enclave on/off system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Buick Enclave on/off system
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have previously asked if anyone knew of a way to override the on/off system on my wife's car. It is very upsetting that she drives 6 miles to work (small town) and the car will shut off 5 times. I checked the companies listed in my prior request and neither have an override devoloped to date for this model. Does anyne know of another system or "trick" to help me get past this system. Otherwise, she made a good choice in her purchase. If mom's happy, then so are the rest of us. they say.........

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sc583
posted Hide Post
When in drive pull the little shifter back and let it go. That will put you in manual shift mode. From there use the right paddle shifter to shift up to the highest gear (9th I think?). This will override the system. Unfortunately you have to do it every time you drive it.

Posts: 84 | Location: At Work | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I do believe you can get a jumper to go in the fuse block to override it also. I will see if I can find the info someplace for you.

Posts: 4 | Location: Iowa | Registered: December 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a 19 terrain that has the auto stop. I have not found a way to shut it off, so as I rollup to a stop, I put it in neutral, then after I stop I put it back into drive. I cringe everytime the thing shuts off thinking of the wear and tear on the starter. I think a thimble full of gas while idling at a stop is cheaper than a starter or flywheel. The emissions cant be that much while idling at a light for 90 seconds, which I think is why they do it. It wont shut off with the A/C on so they arent to worried about it. Another thing I dont like is when I back into the garage I have a spot to hit so I can maneuver around the car, and when I open the door to look, it goes into park. I know they do that for safety for the same reason they put "dont drink the battery fluid" in the operators manual. I really like the car other than those two things. good on gas and has a lot of pep for a 4 banger turbo.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, my wife's 2019 Enclave will keep on running if you just ease up a little on the brake pedal. Leaving just enough pressure to keep the car from rolling, but not enough to engage the on/off deal. The salesman showed us that when we went for the test drive. I hated the feature from the get-go. You can see just how much you need to lift by letting it shut off and then easing the pressure up on the brake pedal. Sure enough, the car will start back up without moving. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Enclave will keep on running if you just ease up a little on the brake pedal.

Hummmmm, I wonder if it could be as simple as adjusting a pedal activated switch. Nah, too simple to hope for.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Runner-up:
I have previously asked if anyone knew of a way to override the on/off system on my wife's car. It is very upsetting that she drives 6 miles to work (small town) and the car will shut off 5 times. I checked the companies listed in my prior request and neither have an override devoloped to date for this model. Does anyne know of another system or "trick" to help me get past this system. Otherwise, she made a good choice in her purchase. If mom's happy, then so are the rest of us. they say.........

check with your local independent auto repair shops, see if they have someone that comes in to flash modules for them, if they do, that is the person you need, they can turn off the monitor for that feature. Another place if you have no luck, carquest, go in and get the name and number of their technet instructor, usually they have the software to do this procedure.

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
It's a simple flash. We have a tool that we change the settings on our Ford Products. You'd be surprised at all the settings in there, waiting for you to find them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If it’s an ecm setting you might be able to change it with hptuners or efi live. If you know somebody that has the software already they can read the computer and see if they can find the setting.

If it’s in the bcm then only the GM techs could change it and they probably aren’t allowed.

Posts: 931 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
The 21 Ram company truck I drive has that, and a button, low on dash, to overide. After I crank it, I hit that. Very annoying, especially with AC or heat !
I wonder how oftern the starter needs replacing, if its the same unit, because it does sound different, recranking.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Google is your friend!

https://www.summitracing.com/p...SEAQYBCABEgIXJ_D_BwE

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 631 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Does it have a hitch and trailer plug? I believe on some new vehicles this feature will disable when anything is connected to the trailer wiring. You could try it with a 4 pin to 6 pin adapter or vice versa.

Also on some, it disables when the hood is unlatched. That means there is a wire / switch / sensor there telling the system the hood is up. Try it with the hood popped. If it doesnt turn off, find that wiring and disconnect.

Worth a shot.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Head gamez, it does have the trailer hitch system. Could you tell me more on how to override the system by this means. Do you just plug into the system, or do you have to have somethng that will require it to send a signal. Any help will be appreciated. Also, anyone else have suggestions, this is a very annoying part of the vehicle, otherwise, it gets good mileage and rides excellent.

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would guess it has to have something wired to the plug and easiest thing would be to put one of those lighted hitch plugs in the receiver.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
If I recall correctly, my wife's 2019 Enclave will keep on running if you just ease up a little on the brake pedal. Leaving just enough pressure to keep the car from rolling, but not enough to engage the on/off deal. The salesman showed us that when we went for the test drive. I hated the feature from the get-go. You can see just how much you need to lift by letting it shut off and then easing the pressure up on the brake pedal. Sure enough, the car will start back up without moving. Take care. Tom Worthington

I drove my sister's 2019 Lincoln Navigator for a few days. I found that if you ease off the brake pedal and let the car creep forward an inch or so (almost like bumping in to the stage beam) every five seconds or so, that would keep the engine running. After a bit I found myself doing it without even really thinking about it.

Even if you don't care about wearing the starter out, it's annoying as hell that the engine has to crank before the car moves when you hit the gas.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Runner-up:
Head gamez, it does have the trailer hitch system. Could you tell me more on how to override the system by this means. Do you just plug into the system, or do you have to have somethng that will require it to send a signal. Any help will be appreciated. Also, anyone else have suggestions, this is a very annoying part of the vehicle, otherwise, it gets good mileage and rides excellent.

From what I have read, plugging anything into the wiring will eliminate the auto stop. Some say you can just plug in an adapter (4 pin to 7 pin or vice versa). As green1 said, you could even do one of those brake lights that slides into the hitch. I would do something cheap, as Im not sure if this will work on the enclave. I have no first hand experience, I have just read it in a few places for different vehicles. None of mine are new enough to have that feature....

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post