Find
Notify
Tools

Guy Price
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted
Spending time in Mesa Arizona it got me thinking about Guy Price(R.I.P). I was trying to remember his favorite Mexican restaurant that he would talk about. I would like to give it a try but I couldn't remember the name of it. Any body happen to know the name? I tried searching his old post but so far I have had no luck. Thanks.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I found an old post where he said he had tamales and beans two days in a row at Los Dos !

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Moe,
It was Los Dos Molinos. Can't remember what part of town it is in.

Best of luck down there. Don't get red flagged by the plumbers union...lol

Joe

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies Nick and Joe. I found two of them in the Phoenix area. There was one 6 miles from the house but it is currently closed. I'm going to give the place a try.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
What a great dude he was. I miss talking with him.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I believe it was on Mesa Drive in Mesa, Guy and I would go there many times and the salsa is HOT. Make sure you have one of their margaritas sitting in front of you to cool down. Guy was one of my best friends and I miss seeing him very much.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Moe if you sre looking for a place Anayas is pretty good. One in Tempe, Glendale and Casa Grande.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you’re in Tucson, check out the Lucky Wishbone for some chicken. Guy told me about that place too.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5315 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Haha had Lucky Wishbone for lunch today! Steak finger , fries, coleslaw and garlic toast! Gotta have it with black cherry drink! Made a perfect day in this 110 degree heat! It’s a dry heat only 8% humidity.

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Guy and I met at Hooters a couple of times When I went to see my kids in Glendale.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Moe, Los Dos Molinos in Mesa on Alma School rd just north of Broadway rd.
They are closed for vacation.
There is another location on Central in Phoenix.
Very good food and old time atmosphere.
There menu specializes in Hot Hatch chilies.
We are looking forward to the Mesa facility when they open back up.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I have Los Dos on my list for the next time I'm in AZ. I'm hungry now! Hatch chilies mmmmmmmm

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Chuck let me know I’ll drive up and have some fun ! I eat a lot of Mexican food weekly and it would be cool to see you! Maybe we could get a couple other members to join us.

clapping

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Los Dos Molinos

https://losdosmolinosphoenix.com/

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
Guy was one of the best!

Taylor Motorsports-Indiana
Price Racing Clan-Midwest

Posts: 982 | Location: Evansville, Ind. | Registered: October 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Chuck let me know I’ll drive up and have some fun ! I eat a lot of Mexican food weekly and it would be cool to see you! Maybe we could get a couple other members to join us.

clapping

I'm in! Great food there if you like it a bit on the hot side.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
He took me to that restaurant when I was racing in Phoenix. Everyone knew him.

He was a good guy and is missed. Still have one of his hats too.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1382 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:

clapping

I'm in! Great food there if you like it a bit on the hot side.

I love Mexican food, and I love spicy!

Don, I still have my Price Racing Clan hat too. I need to find it. I'd like to keep it in my car. I had it in my '69, need to get it into the '81.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post