New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I was bracket racing at Byron over the weekend.
On one of the time runs,I lined up against a Tesla (don't know anything about the models)
In the shutdown area,I was starting to look where he was and he went flying by me after the finish line.
I got the time slip,and this thing ran 11.77 and from what I now know,that is a slower one.
I honestly had no idea those cars were that fast.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep, max power immediately, and obviously plenty of it. Too bad Don Garlits isn't younger with more financing.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Year ago there were 2 at Rockingham and both were running in the high 10s

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
On one of the time runs,I lined up against a Tesla (don't know anything about the models)
In the shutdown area,I was starting to look where he was and he went flying by me after the finish line.
I got the time slip,and this thing ran 11.77 and from what I now know,that is a slower one.

There's a lady in my neighborhood who was stalking me for months, with a Tesla. I putt my Nova through the neighborhood, every now and then.

I declined her offer, she actually believed I was scared I would lose LMAO! She came down and demanded I drive her car.

There's some strangeness going on this country, I think they're spraying PCP chemtrails. Confused

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The thing you're not hearing about electric cars is the gas-less polutant they emit, EMF electro magneticfield radiation.

They'll label anyone who mentions this a conspiracy theorists $$$.

EMF radiation is a low form of energy released by any piece of technology with a plug or a battery that uses an electric current to function. Modern science has proven that extended exposure to these emissions cause adverse health effects.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I saw one at Piedmont, in one of Michael Beards races, running 7.30's. Impressed me.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
We sell Rimac cars at my job... they are an all electric supercar out of Croatia. Its incredible how fast they are.

https://www.slashgear.com/rima...94-seconds-27670544/

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 631 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

I’ve read the Roadster is running in the 8 second area.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4511 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
EMF radiation is a low form of energy released by any piece of technology with a plug or a battery that uses an electric current to function.

Isn't this likely the hype we heard years ago about cell phones? Also, every electrical out in our homes for our entire lives have to be subject to this phenomenon?????

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4511 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
EMF radiation is a low form of energy released by any piece of technology with a plug or a battery that uses an electric current to function.

Isn't this likely the hype we heard years ago about cell phones? Also, every electrical out in our homes for our entire lives have to be subject to this phenomenon?????

Definitely, it's definitely hazardous to health. Another example is battery factory workers, don't know if you've ever been in a Johnson Controls but workers have the light pigment splotches on their skin, I've seen that. Also CB operators with additional battery's to power linears. They all have grey hair and many have pigment splotches.

These electric cars will off the chart compared to CB operators cars with linears.

My nephew has a meter, pretty interesting looking at. He had a high dollar VW that read high EMF radiation, had him feeling like crap after long rides, he's now driving a Ford Turbo diesel Truck. He took the meter car shopping,says the Fords put off the lowest EMF radiation. He says he feels fine after long rides to North Florida now.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
We sell Rimac cars at my job... they are an all electric supercar out of Croatia. Its incredible how fast they are.

“$2-million base price”. I’ll take 2 Falling of chair laughing

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

“$2-million base price”. I’ll take 2 Falling of chair laughing

That's nothing here.... we just got a $6.3 million Bugatti Divo in last week! We are a dealer for Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Rolls-Royce, Lotus, Koenigsegg, Rimac, Polestar and SSC!

Posts: 631 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Porsche is the only one I can swing on stimulus $. Relaxing

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My daily driver is a Model 3 Performance. It's incredibly quick and a number of GTs, SSs, and RTs have been eaten in silence. The S And X with the tri motors are ridiculously quick.

President
BTE / Memphis Performance
www.bteracing.com

Posts: 27 | Location: Mount Pleasant, MS | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon@BTE:
My daily driver is a Model 3 Performance. It's incredibly quick and a number of GTs, SSs, and RTs have been eaten in silence. The S And X with the tri motors are ridiculously quick.

Quite fast!
Good thing Mike never took on the Tesla... He would have gotten spanked by a girl.

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I got beaten by a Tesla, in a final round, back on May 15. He ran 7.398 on his 7.40 dial (1/8 mile), but I ran further under. I noticed that he'd been dialing that same number all day, so apparently they can "hold a charge" pretty good. Don't ask me what model it was, because I can't tell them apart. I think they must have some truly remarkable traction control to apply that much instant torque without blowing off a set of street tires. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Like the leap to gasoline engine cars, from horses, it’s the future no matter how much you think it’s no good. I can’t drive anywhere without seeing a Tesla. I see a day when EV’s are the only legal hobby race car. Probably 20 or more years off but could save some local tracks. We modified the crap out of slot cars back in the 60’s and it was fun and exciting. Crazy power is easy to get.
I was at a Wawa station Tuesday night after golf buying some food and noticed in the rear 10 Tesla charging stations. About 5 in use. Once these stations are built, use will rapidity increase.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I wonder how soon they will figure out solutions to the features that still make EV's impractical for many. A friend's wife has one, she said it's best range ever on a full charge was 140 miles. Still takes 4-8 hours for a full charge, but there are Tesla "Super Charge' (or something similar) stations spread out across cities, that can speed a charge up down to 45 minutes. And she said those stations cost to use, unless you check some option when you buy the car, which gives you free charging at those quick charge terminals? And if you run down dead out on the road, Tesla has some kind of roadside assist where they tow you to the nearest super charger location for free?
Strange new world out there, I will probably try to stick to internal combustion power running on dinosaur juice as long as I can...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
My neighbor just bought a Polestar from my dealership (new EV brand made by Volvo). He has a 140 mile round trip to work and the car still shows 90 miles of range left when he gets home. Don't get me wrong... I have ZERO desire to own an electric vehicle, but they will continue to improve and grow in popularity. There was a time when people thought the automobile was just a cute novelty but it could NEVER replace a horse for legit transportation!