DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    If Your Sponsor Gave You $300,000
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Your Sponsor Gave You $300,000
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Who the hells sponsor giving um 300k…

I've had both Sponsors & money backers. I prefer the money backers; they provide cash for you to do as you wish! That's what we have been focusing on the last 15 years. My son is currently in the works for a new backer for both himself & I. While sponsors are good, you usually have to use their product. To me the backers are great, you use the $$$ as you wish to best accomplish the job at hand!

That being said, the most we have got is around 20k in a year! No where near 300k, but we are not complaining. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don't know what this sponsor thing is these days. But with us since we are traveling less, much more in love with our local track and the way it is running, and mostly attending 1 or 2 day races, I'm leaning toward less and less living accommodations. Never have had a LQ, but we are leaning toward toy hauler style with living space shared with the cars to some extent. The platform is for bedding either way. Finding room for a bathroom is the challenge. The rest is storage and convertible seating. We just don't expect to spend that much time in the living area honestly. When we had a baby it was different.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Who the hells sponsor giving um 300k…

I've had both Sponsors & money backers. I prefer the money backers; they provide cash for you to do as you wish! That's what we have been focusing on the last 15 years. My son is currently in the works for a new backer for both himself & I. While sponsors are good, you usually have to use their product. To me the backers are great, you use the $$$ as you wish to best accomplish the job at hand!

That being said, the most we have got is around 20k in a year! No where near 300k, but we are not complaining. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing
That was my point I personally wouldn’t give the time of day for 20k…I eat that up in fuel alone in no time

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If I had a sponsor or cash backer who gave me 20k let alone 300k I would A. sit down an cry B. possible get religion-na or C. go racing in comfort. Now we tow with a motor home so got some comfort but having money to go to all the races I want wow At home now instead of Folk million for lack there of-boho-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'd have to see the contract and all of the contingencies therein....

I got in on some of this stuff back in the day and walked away from it all. It became a hassle more than a way of life. The money controls you, and you have no or little control over it.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:
I'd have to see the contract and all of the contingencies therein....

I got in on some of this stuff back in the day and walked away from it all. It became a hassle more than a way of life. The money controls you, and you have no or little control over it.

I don't think it was meant to be that complicated of a subject. More a matter of preferences.

The toters and stackers are super nice. Never have been in my budget. I have been using a gooseneck trailer in recent years, and I LOVE the manuverability and the way it pulls. All those folks who said that they pull nice were right. This thing at 17k lbs pulls nicer than my 9k tag did. The weight still has to get moving and get up hills....can't fight physics. But I'm kinda sold on the goosenecks. Living quarters? Probably a lot less pain in the rear than the motorhomes and even toters are. Maybe not living in luxury.....but I'm there to race.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I can go in comfort and reliably in a '95 Diesel pusher with my S10 in a 28' trailer. If we want to take the dragster and S10, we could use the other trailer and still use the same old coach. Zero payments, zero obligations to a sponsor. Makes goin g to big bucks races a lot cheaper if you are debt-free. but, that said I like the Toter with 5th wheel, just a $300K decision I would never make. Once the Big Bucks races are gone, it will be back to the $1000 to win local races.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
If sponsor gave me $300,000? I would wrap the car, truck and trailer. Would get all new Hero Cards and tee shirts. Then spend some money on promoting the team. The rest would go into racing program.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Maybe just me. The way I read op. Id sonsor gave you 300k for new towing operation.

I would give him what he wanted. New or new looking tow rig and trailer. Make sure it looks like 300k. Hopefully with careful shopping have little left over to give him more promotions. Teak outfits. More exposure like on what every use to tow the car to line or on pit vehicles be itmcart or vehicle.

I would in no way short change the towing package that he gave you the money for.
Use toter with stacker and new wrap .

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have gotten to the point where I really like a lot of the expensive rigs out there, but don't love em. Long rigs can be trouble with the law some places, and can be a pain in the a22 to get in and out of some gas stations if you aren't right on the interstate. Stackers can fit everything you want to take, but take some time to unload and load, and it seems inevitable that I'll bump my head at some point. Or trip over the lift in the down position. I have fallen in love with how the goose trailers pull, so that would probably be a requirement. Second driver is old enough that he might like bringing his long time girlfriend, and a lot of rigs aren't set up well for privacy with two couples. I haven't seen a setup for two dragsters and a golf cart that cover my other concerns. So I guess I will save the 300k lol.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo