DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Sportsmanship and game playing's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sportsmanship and game playing's
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
sportsmanship : knowing you are beat while pulling the lane cone foam from your underneath your car

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My friends Dad told us when we were kids, no matter what always show sportsmanship. Say good luck before the race and congratulate the other person when they win, no matter what they do. It will always make you a better person.

The other guy can say or do what he wants but it doesn't affect me. At the end of the day I know I did the right thing, and more than likely they know where they stand as well.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
My friends Dad told us when we were kids, no matter what always show sportsmanship. Say good luck before the race and congratulate the other person when they win, no matter what they do. It will always make you a better person.

The other guy can say or do what he wants but it doesn't affect me. At the end of the day I know I did the right thing, and more than likely they know where they stand as well.

Exactly mom and dad always said treat others the same way you want to be treated. I really don't care what you do in the other lane. You can jump out of your car in the shutdown and do cartwheells for all I care.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This is probably a post more suitable for Classracer.com, but what I find unsportsmanlike and unethical is some guys that run in Stock and Super Stock that purposely slow their car down in an effort to get horsepower off of their combination.
Then,after NHRA is dumb enough to take horsepower off,they brag about how fast their car is and how everyone else needs to work on their car to make it faster.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
This is probably a post more suitable for Classracer.com, but what I find unsportsmanlike and unethical is some guys that run in Stock and Super Stock that purposely slow their car down in an effort to get horsepower off of their combination.
Then,after NHRA is dumb enough to take horsepower off,they brag about how fast their car is and how everyone else needs to work on their car to make it faster.

Dead on! AHFS has loopholes ! Run your combo slow for two years ( providing it has not had hp increase) , ask for a reduction and Bam ! Instant 1.20 player! We are at 3570 minimum- cars at 3610, the welfare cars are 200-250 lighter! Not one combo should be under factory ratings!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4507 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post