DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Is Sportsman Drag Racing Changing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Sportsman Drag Racing Changing?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
NAPA is not the go to store of the frugel. I got NGKs at O'Riley for $1.94.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
NAPA is not the go to store of the frugel. I got NGKs at O'Riley for $1.94.

Not a NGK BCP5ES, kinda rare. Very hard to find local.

As good as I was able to get the set that came in the engine, which were dripping fuel when I got em 850 cfm on a pump gas BBC 427, I was glad to pay it, if I didn't have to wait on mail order delivery.

Try that part #. Edelbrock is specific in listing it for their cylinder heads. Good luck finding it local.

$7.99 for one quart of Pennzoil, is a loss of dollar purchasing power / inflation.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
$7.99 for one quart of Pennzoil, is a loss of dollar purchasing power / inflation.

That is the point to be made. Not where you shop. Couple that with govt. inflation numbers then you KNOW your government is lying to you (primarily to avoid SS COLA adjustments).

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted January 28, 2021 09:27 PM Hide Post
In 2021 I am racing closer to home and not attending any NHRA LODRS events, it has just gotten away too expensive and with all the traveling too time consuming.

At the end of 2021, or possibly sooner, I am going to sell everything (car/trailer/motorhome/parts pieces, tools and all the equipment) then sign off from DRR.

I need to find a recreation that is less stressful and easy to master. With that in mind I have decided to take up playing golf.

Bob

Tom, I was obviously kidding. Golf is far more stressful and difficult to master than drag racing. The part about retiring from racing was serious not because of any reason other than age, I'll be 80 in three months.

Bob

Posts: 3086 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'll be 80 on April 1, April fools day, and I am in the garage working on the race car now getting ready for the tracks to start opening. Just came in for a bite to eat. Last race was New Years at West Pal Beach. Be safe

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

That is the point to be made. Not where you shop. Couple that with govt. inflation numbers then you KNOW your government is lying to you (primarily to avoid SS COLA adjustments).

Very True.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post