DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just like old times
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just like old times
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted
This thread reminds me of a time that had past, and I had thought gone forever on DRR.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/for...0760912/m/6477059007

Even before I posted or before I even had a login, I read DRR. I was green as grass but I loved drag racing and found bracket racing to be my niche. I love it.

I found DRR from a decal on a car at Ennis and then again at my home track, Little River. I searched the site and found it to be a great wealth of information from a great group of racers. So many things I had not even thought of from MANY people who wanted you to be better than you were.

Then the times changed and a couple of TOOLS made it hard to post on here, even though you still hoped for some to glean info from.

This week I have followed a post that has made it to 3 pages of people having a CIVIL discussion, even when disagreeing. It just shows how true it is regarding a bad apple.

It may only be one thread, but it does give me hope for a good source of info and commentary regarding bracket racing. And, as much as I am on FB, I still prefer forums for info.

Lane

Posts: 397 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Right

Hopefully the site is still getting a similar number of hits as that’s what advertisers look for. Also looks like posters that haven’t posted in awhile are starting to come back.

Posts: 721 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I definitely see a difference in the board and see more people posting in threads now. Hopefully the recent changes will get this place back to the way it was with many differing opinions and "options" for bracket racing.

"There is more than one way to skin a cat" comes to mind.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Hopefully the site is still getting a similar number of hits as that’s what advertisers look for. Also looks like posters that haven’t posted in awhile are starting to come back.

X2!

Plus, there was a handful of members/supporters that weren't happy when the last member was banned. They went silent, but are starting to trickle back in. One of them made a thread this past Mon. about the banned member, it got deleted by the member or SL. I don't think it got any replies in the couple hours it was up.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2576 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm back and very happy to be back. Like keeping it civil. Let's keep it this way.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FastLane:
This thread reminds me of a time that had past, and I had thought gone forever on DRR.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/for...0760912/m/6477059007

Even before I posted or before I even had a login, I read DRR. I was green as grass but I loved drag racing and found bracket racing to be my niche. I love it.

I found DRR from a decal on a car at Ennis and then again at my home track, Little River. I searched the site and found it to be a great wealth of information from a great group of racers. So many things I had not even thought of from MANY people who wanted you to be better than you were.

Then the times changed and a couple of TOOLS made it hard to post on here, even though you still hoped for some to glean info from.

This week I have followed a post that has made it to 3 pages of people having a CIVIL discussion, even when disagreeing. It just shows how true it is regarding a bad apple.

It may only be one thread, but it does give me hope for a good source of info and commentary regarding bracket racing. And, as much as I am on FB, I still prefer forums for info.

Lane

Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4521 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
While I don't post as much as I used to, I do check in regularly.

I have followed the Foggit thread and it is great not to have all the drama!

Hopefully we can still have some fun on here and by that I mean making some silly posts that don't really apply to the topic, but instead bring a little friendly banter to this forum. I think anyone that has been on here for a while knows that I love to do that!

I think B KING will agree with me on this, even though I have my "life's history" displayed in my signature.....

Laughing Hard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: "The Bender",

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
HIT!!!! Smile

Posts: 61 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well,,, I "Have" been missing in action for a while!!!! But, WHAT happened to "Several Thousand of my previous posts???
resracing.. Indiana.........

Posts: 61 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I found the site 15+ years ago and learned a lot, esp since no one in my family raced, It was a great resource. RickP used to have a lot of combinations with results, that was back when there was tons of pages of data. You could search anything and something would come up.

Once google or what ever got involved, the amount of pages was restricted, and then the bantering got worse so it then became an entertainment website.

Posts: 291 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hit Back! Smile

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Grab a pudding cup and buckle up.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1677 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
While I don't post as much as I used to, I do check in regularly.

I have followed the Foggit thread and it is great not to have all the drama!

Hopefully we can still have some fun on here and by that I mean making some silly posts that don't really apply to the topic, but instead bring a little friendly banter to this forum. I think anyone that has been on here for a while knows that I love to do that!

I think B KING will agree with me on this, even though I have my "life's history" displayed in my signature.....

Laughing Hard

Showoff! Not worthy Wink

Like that??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4521 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Grab a pudding cup and buckle up.

Didn't think of that

Big Grin

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
CrewMan KNOWS! Laughing Hard

goob- spmv

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1677 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I was one of the very first few on here and then somehow I lost it and had to get a new name and start over. I have seen a lot of changes here.

Old times here were good, we could laugh and make fun of others and we all helped each other and it was fun. We all pulled for each other to win. We answered each others questions and were nice about it. We realized that some were better and more experienced than others and we HELPED them to get better instead of putting them down. We also realize that nobody knows everything and we are here to learn in addition to helping others learn.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post