DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Best 29.5x10.5 slick?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best 29.5x10.5 slick?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted
I'm thinking about trying a class with 29.5x10.5 non w limit and wondering what brand has the biggest rollout. I want the most tire I can legally because I will be pushing the limit on rpm unless I change from my 4.86 to 4.30 gear. I may need to change it anyway to make the car hook.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Hoosier 29.5 x 10.5S-15 Part# 18194 and there’s no reason why you can’t hook on this tire.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The M/T 3062S IS the standard for a 29.5x10.5 tire. We run NA10.5 NMCA and West coast NA stuff and it is the best tire period. NMCA cars have been low 7.60's on them. MOst 60' in the low teens, we have been as fast as 1.08 60' on them as have others. Many have tested the Hooiser and all come back to the M/T, well all the fast cars anyway.

FWIW I run them on my 3600lb fun car as well. Its not lightning fast 60' car for sure but its been 8.80's and low 1.20's on them. But I pull a fair amouont of timing as I would rather do wheelies than chase ET

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
The Hoosier DBR is HUGE, taller and wider than the M/T PBR.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The M/T's we have gotten lately or in the 94.5" or so range.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
thanks for the replies. Will they work on 15" wide wheels?
Are radials as forgiving as a bias drag slicks? This is a limited prep class.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well I know they can be stretched to a 14" wheel. As for the two tires a radials will be faster, IF the track surface is prepped for it. I have zero experience with a radial slick.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We have run MT PBR's on a couple different cars and they are flawless. Mind you these are 10 sec bracket and or S/St and or footbrake cars. Long life and never had a problem hooking em. If they were around back in the day we wouldn't have back halfed nearly as many cars.

PS. IMHO you will probably need bead locks on a 14" wheel. They are a stiff carcass tire and might not want to stay beaded at low pressures. We typically run a 10" wheel.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have run MT PBR's on a couple different cars and they are flawless. Mind you these are 10 sec bracket and or S/St and or footbrake cars. Long life and never had a problem hooking em. If they were around back in the day we wouldn't have back halfed nearly as many cars.

Agree 100% !!!
Used to run Hoosiers myself but these PBR's are a better tire in my opinion. Little to no burnout required and they last forever !!!!
200-300 runs is the norm in our 3400lb car going 6.30's/40's

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

Agree 100% !!!
Used to run Hoosiers myself but these PBR's are a better tire in my opinion. Little to no burnout required and they last forever !!!!
200-300 runs is the norm in our 3400lb car going 6.30's/40's

M/T PBR's are a great tire & we are on our 2nd set of 29.5 x 10.5s. We have been 5.70s in the 1/8th & they plain work for our racing program. I recently returned from an un-scheduled trip & checked the tire pressure. They were the same as I last raced them almost 2 months ago, 19 lbs.

As for this tire being the best tire for the OP. IMO, he should be on a bias-ply slick.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2543 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post