Find
Notify
Tools

In car camera
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have a link for the these? I have used QUICK for years but can't find it on their site now. New laptop is Windows 11.

They list this GoPro Player and Quik software link on their website.

software

Posts: 2481 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply, Mark.

I'll give that GoPro player another try. I have it loaded now but all it does is play the video with no control. No scrolling or stopping. ??????

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have used GoPros for many years and I am less than impressed with them. Battery life is not very long at all in Texas heat and the quality picture is not good at night. Still a good camera can help you. I have used them before I got a Data Logger to make sure I hit shift. I mounted one under the chassis and point at shocks to see what was going on and help me tune the chassis. They can be very helpful but there has to be something else out there better than the GoPros. And they are very expensive for what they are.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes, Windows video editor is free and should already be on your computer. Just go down to the search box and type in video editor.

I pull the card and put it into a card reader. I then copy the files over to the pc and work off those. I figure the speed of the hard drive is faster than the speed of the card reader. I erase the card every time i have it out. No particular reason, just habit I guess.

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHampshire:
Yes, Windows video editor is free and should already be on your computer. Just go down to the search box and type in video editor.

I pull the card and put it into a card reader. I then copy the files over to the pc and work off those. I figure the speed of the hard drive is faster than the speed of the card reader. I erase the card every time i have it out. No particular reason, just habit I guess.

Thank You for the reply.

I'll give it a try. Car stuff kind of sitting for the holidays.

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Don't know if you're looking to go with used, if you are......

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:

Laughing Hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Although I haven’t used my Go-Pro in a long time I used it with a roll bar mount from Mike Bjorum. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think he’s building them anymore. I’ll ask him and find out.

Actually the reason I’m posting is I was sick of Windows although I still use my two older laptops in the trailer I finally switched to a new Mac Mini at home and for me it is just way more user friendly. I will never go back to Windows here at the house. Most of the few programs I needed are available on the Mac and I have had no issues getting it set up. It’s a pleasure to use.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:

B King???

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 217 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
2BKING needs no camera, I was born with a photographic/Eidetic memory! Wink

Just one of my blessings given to me by the Higher Powers for Bracket Racing. Big Grin

2BKING still has the power.
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2576 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post