DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Winnebago diesel pusher with basement AC – yes or no?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winnebago diesel pusher with basement AC – yes or no?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I think it depends on the insulation package. I had a Ultimate Freedom with a cold weather package. The basement AC worked as well as any 2 roof air units if have seen. Good windows and good walls are a plus in any unit with any type AC.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
the Luxor turned into the Ultimate Freedom. Mine has the cold weather package. Double pane windows, more insulation. Never thought of that helping keep it cool.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Never thought of that helping keep it cool.

Why not?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Old and dumb Big Grin

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a 2001 36' Itasca Horizon, same as Journey, with basement air. I added a 13,500 roof AC where the kitchen vent fan was. I was able to use the wiring that ran the fan (14 gauge) and plug the AC into the washer/dryer outlet. Not optimum wire gauge for my taste, but worked and has never given any issues. It made a big difference and we would run only it in milder weather until we went to bed for the back bedroom needing cooling. The ducting on mine was leaking when I got it. It is a little tricky to get into that area and seal it, but is doable. I also have a Haulmark motorhome that had 2 roof airs, I added another to it this past winter as well. In Texas there is no such thing as too much cooling...as long as the generator can handle it.

Posts: 4 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: August 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post