DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Are "splitting" b*ybacks, as common in big buck events?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are "splitting" b*ybacks, as common in big buck events?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
I've never even heard of this practice Roll Eyes

Because I'm fairly old school I don't really like buybacks for weekly points programs but I understand the reasoning. A local track allowed buybacks into 3rd round with points allotted !!! That was totally ridiculous !!! They no longer have a bracket program LOL

As far as $$$ races go I like buybacks as we often get no timeshots day to day plus add in a 5-10 hr tow and it makes sense.

Splitting a buy back just seams like some buddy's have fun covering the beer money..........

The buybacks aren't perks for the tow, the buybacks are to make it worthwhile for the promoter to have a race, not enough cars are gonna show to.

The more jobs that are sent to china, the more buyback rounds there will be.

Whoever wins the most races, whether there's two, ten or fifty buyback rounds, is champion.

Common sense.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post