DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Triple Crowns 25K making it right?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Triple Crowns 25K making it right?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
56 days later.....

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
56 days later.....

What so it doesn't count as paid then? It sounds like this was an all around crappy deal, and didn't work out for anyone. If people are getting paid, regardless of timing and impetus for paying....they are getting paid. I don't know the entire story, but it seems like poking a guy in the eye after he pays a debt is pretty ungrateful. As far as the title of this thread goes...
It seems like Triple Crowns is trying to make it right. I hope everyone can be made whole in this deal.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
56 days later.....

What so it doesn't count as paid then? It sounds like this was an all around crappy deal, and didn't work out for anyone. If people are getting paid, regardless of timing and impetus for paying....they are getting paid. I don't know the entire story, but it seems like poking a guy in the eye after he pays a debt is pretty ungrateful. As far as the title of this thread goes...
It seems like Triple Crowns is trying to make it right. I hope everyone can be made whole in this deal.

Yes they are trying to make things right. But it shouldn’t have gotten this far in the first place. And moving forward I would have serious doubts about attending any of their races in the future.

Posts: 440 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Waters Jr:
Is this the way the majority of my fellow racers feels? I honestly want to know. My name was on every big check, as I was asked to help promote the brand and obtain sponsors. I want honest feedback. I have worked my butt off to be able to race and help others. I don’t want to be tarnished for life due to this situation. I want to go to any track USA and still have my racing family.

quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
So I went back an looked at MR. Hollomans winner picture an low an behold MR. Waters your name is right there on the check so how can you say you had nothing to do with it...just saying...

Danny- you know I got nothing but respect for you as a racer and as a person. Good to see that you stepped up/in to get Will paid. That was the right thing to do. I hope you continue to take care of sponsors/companies that are also involved left unsettled.

That said, since you are asking for opinion, here is what I feel (again, my opinion) of what people are seeing on social media or talking about in groups; when you put your name on the flyer, your name on the checks and your voice behind to promoting you entered into a partnership with No Limit Promotions. They don't know if there was a handshake or papers signed. They don't know if you volunteered your time or were to get a financial benefit if the race was successful. To be honest, they probably don't care. What they do care is that your name (and your reputation) were attached to this event. Maybe they say had the event gone well that the No Limit Promotions team would have been all over social media talking about the success and pushing for next year's event. Instead, they saw a bit of awkward silence that was only broken when those done wrong complained. They see WW's post and wonder if it had gone different would you have taken credit instead of seeing a post trying to disassociate you from No Limit. Understand, everyone is skeptical when they see that type of posting anymore with the way our society has gone. While I take WW at his word and credit him for trying to right the wrong done to you and your reputation, we just don't live in that "man's word" society anymore. It's going to take a little time to knock the dust off from this one. All you can do is make it right with people and hope that No Limit makes it right with you in the end. I don't think people will hold a grudge long or make it unsettling for you to show up at a track. You may get a cold shoulder here or there but it will eventually go away as people realize you righted the situation.

Again, nothing but respect for you personally and professionally. Just laying it out there.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Danny and Wesley,

I think Shawn said what the majority of people have thought during this whole ordeal. Myself included.

We wish you and your families well this Holiday.

SL...

Posts: 2142 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Waiting 55 days to get paid is ridiculous.

Posts: 461 | Location: Indy | Registered: September 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Danny Waters Jr
posted Hide Post
A last few statements from me for now. First, I appreciate the respectful input. Secondly, I 100% agree 55 days to get paid is ridiculous.

There are so many pieces of this cluster that I’d love for you all to know, but I will not air it out publicly.

A few things I’d like you all to know is I would never try and help promote an event that I thought the money wasn’t there. The money was there for the first 2 events and Wesley did what he said he would do. Due to my disapproval of how certain things were being handled, I had advised Wesley and the staff that I would no longer be a part of the NL team and I would not be in Darlington for this last event. Wesley didn’t want to post it on the NL page because he thought it would hurt the car count. As the event neared, the race director for NL (Scott Hooks) got a new job and was unable to go to the last race. The week before the last race, I agreed to come help run the points and tower side of things so structurally the event could take place. I was assured the money was in place even after only 198 entries showed up. Again, to this day I’ve not seen any bank account information for NL. I was going on the trust of what I was told and based on the prior 2 events, I had no reason to not believe him. I was relieved after the last race that it was over and he could move on with the series without my help. Once the word was out that Will’s check was bad, Wesley said he miscalculated his figures and was working it out to get Will paid. He was getting good amounts of money and Will was taking it and working with him, then the money turned to smaller amounts and ultimately all together. I didn’t get involved because it was his deal and it “was” getting addressed.

Obviously it blew up to what it become. I just thought you all should know some of this. It doesn’t change the outcome, but there is always more to the story then is shared.

Again, I’ve been doing this a long time and I wouldn’t wish any of this on my worst enemy.

Merry Christmas to all. I’m glad Will got paid and the rest is hopefully being made right.

Danny

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Danny Waters Jr,

Posts: 623 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Scott Hooks
posted Hide Post
What Danny wrote is 100% FACT. While I haven't known Danny very long, him and I built respect for each other personally and professionally during NL's first race. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, has passion for the sport and always INTENDS to do right by people. Danny, like every person on the NL staff, assisted in running a race assured and believing the money and prizes were there (either physically or by backer). Danny put his faith and reputation on the line based on a man's word. He has never asked anyone for anything other than their word, that's just who Danny is. Still, like Danny said though, I wouldn't wish this (waiting to be paid or awarded prizes) on my worse enemy because it is rightfully yours without dispute!

The point of this reply is to say 'If I could trade Danny's name for mine in this whole deal, I would because, behind the scenes, no one stood behind and continues to stand behind WW's 2018 No Limit mistakes more than Danny Waters Jr.

So while it's painful to watch the man who gave me a chance and someone I call a friend, Wesley Washington Jr., go through this, it's even worse to watch the man most publicly trying to make it right worry about his next trip to the track to do what he loves. Danny, thank you for your friendship and advice over the last year, I wish you and Lindsay nothing but the best, you are always welcome to race in South Texas!

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Waters Jr:
A last few statements from me for now. First, I appreciate the respectful input. Secondly, I 100% agree 55 days to get paid is ridiculous.

There are so many pieces of this cluster that I’d love for you all to know, but I will not air it out publicly.

A few things I’d like you all to know is I would never try and help promote an event that I thought the money wasn’t there. The money was there for the first 2 events and Wesley did what he said he would do. Due to my disapproval of how certain things were being handled, I had advised Wesley and the staff that I would no longer be a part of the NL team and I would not be in Darlington for this last event. Wesley didn’t want to post it on the NL page because he thought it would hurt the car count. As the event neared, the race director for NL (Scott Hooks) got a new job and was unable to go to the last race. The week before the last race, I agreed to come help run the points and tower side of things so structurally the event could take place. I was assured the money was in place even after only 198 entries showed up. Again, to this day I’ve not seen any bank account information for NL. I was going on the trust of what I was told and based on the prior 2 events, I had no reason to not believe him. I was relieved after the last race that it was over and he could move on with the series without my help. Once the word was out that Will’s check was bad, Wesley said he miscalculated his figures and was working it out to get Will paid. He was getting good amounts of money and Will was taking it and working with him, then the money turned to smaller amounts and ultimately all together. I didn’t get involved because it was his deal and it “was” getting addressed.

Obviously it blew up to what it become. I just thought you all should know some of this. It doesn’t change the outcome, but there is always more to the story then is shared.

Again, I’ve been doing this a long time and I wouldn’t wish any of this on my worst enemy.

Merry Christmas to all. I’m glad Will got paid and the rest is hopefully being made right.

Danny

Posts: 4 | Location: Rio Grande Valley | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know both of these guys, Wesley since he was a kid and although I don't know Danny as well I have known his Dad for years. Good people. That being said these races sometimes make huge profits, little profit, no profit, and worse thing is to lose money. If you are involved you better have the capitol to cover a loss and never put your name on something where you don't share the profit. The rewards are great if you are successful.

Posts: 6247 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post