DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Triple Crowns 25K making it right?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Triple Crowns 25K making it right?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The prizes should have been paid for from the get go...IMO...And regardless of who’s race it is...I am fully paid in FULL when I enter the race an I expect the same when I am owed money...NO EXCUSES..And yeah it’s a bad situation for the whole sport..

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Danny Waters Jr
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add a piece to this. Wesley has now paid over half of what Mr. Holloman was owed to him. He is not owed the full amount that he won still. That doesn’t make it right by any means, just letting everyone know that Wesley is trying to pay him up.

And I agree, before the races are held, the money and prizes should be in place. I was led to believe all prizes and money were in place. If I had been presented otherwise, there is no way I would’ve tried to help him promote the series and obtain sponsors.

I believe this is a situation where a financial backer was in place and either the well ran dry or simply was cut off. I’ve known Wesley for a long time and not for a second do I believe his intentions were to not award or pay a fellow racer.

It’s a bad deal for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Waters Jr:
Wesley has not skipped out on paying or the prizes. Fact is, he didn’t have the money to cover the full purse and all prizes. He is making payments to Mr. Holloman to try and make it right.

To my knowledge, the transmissions, motor nor chassis have been paid for yet, but he has stated he is working towards getting it done somehow, someway.

The one incorrect statement from above is about the VP fuel. That was a direct sponsorship deal from VP Fuels and Marc Wesler himself with VP has personally rewarded all but 1 drum of fuel.

It is a sucky situation, but Wesley is trying to make it all right.

You can’t get blood out of a turnip.

As far as the NL deposit being paid, I have no idea. “If” Wesley paid the deposit out of pocket and not the balance to Will first, then I think that sucks! If “he” didn’t pay it, I’m not sure how the outcome could be different.

BTW: Not sure where that phone number from for me above, but it isn’t even close. lol

I’d ask you all to please keep an open mind when reading comments on a forum or a social media outlet.

Posts: 623 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Whether he has paid over half, or paid all of it but $500 is irrelevant! It is the principal. It has now been 55 days. I have a live podcast interview that will be published today along with my personal take on everything in a Facebook post.

Play innocent all you want DWJ, but my mama always told me, "If you play with the hogs, you too will smell like ****."

There was a GUARANTEED $15,000 to win race that was cancelled with no refund. $20-25 grand in payout was saved right there. The Race Tech that was to be given away was originally suppose to be a complete roller, ready for engine/trans (Just like the car Scott gave away in the DRR series). It now is just a body/chassis. This whole deal is horse**** and you are involved! Quit trying to hide in the shadows just because things went south!

I salute VP for awarding the 8 drums of fuel. Glad somebody stepped up to the plate and could come through on their responsibility!

Posts: 5 | Location: CAROLINA | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
if he didn't have the funds,(which he should have had)he should've cancelled and refunded entry fees

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't get the part about securing a date for next year.
Bad news travels fast and even faster on the internet.
How could it be successful next year,if it wasn't successful this year?

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Danny is just trying to cover his ass. If Wesley goes to jail, Danny will be within shouting distance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will, I’m not playing innocent, I am innocent. I have known you the majority of your life and have done nothing but helped you over the years. You know Wesley owns No Limit. You know he is and always has been the money of No Limit. You know my name is not on any of the business or banking accounts. I do not owe you money. I do not owe anyone prizes. Wesley does and has made it very clear that it is HIS deal.

I have privately asked you to please stop harassing me. I’m doing the same now publicly. Please leave me alone!

Wesley isn’t hiding. His number is (540) 273-9197 if anyone feels the need to confirm any of this.

Also, thanks Tom for sharing.

quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
For those who do not have Facebook access:

NOLimit Promotions Yesterday at 1:06 PM · I, Wesley Washington Jr am the soul contact for any payout and prize responsibility for No Limit Promotions. I asked Danny to help me in promotion of the series and help obtaining sponsors. We have been good friends for many years and has helped us all. He has no financial ties to No Limit in any way. Please privately direct any concerns or questions to me. Thank you all.

Take care. Tom Worthington

Posts: 623 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ballz
posted Hide Post
WOW I got no dog in this hunt, but a guy that splatters his name all over a Flyer promoting races,and these races are for BIG money, sure gives the customer the feeling your pretty deeply involved...

My advise would be to try and help clear BOTH of your names. Because in the eyes out here, your involved and the playing the no blame game is only going to affect your reputation...JMO

Posts: 313 | Location: west palm beach, fla. usa | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t both names on the BIG CHECK...the problem I have is the fact that they knew they couldn’t pay the purse before round one...I believe I would back up an punt an at least have a drivers meeting an try to work something out first...

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
So I went back an looked at MR. Hollomans winner picture an low an behold MR. Waters your name is right there on the check so how can you say you had nothing to do with it...just saying...

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is this the way the majority of my fellow racers feels? I honestly want to know. My name was on every big check, as I was asked to help promote the brand and obtain sponsors. I want honest feedback. I have worked my butt off to be able to race and help others. I don’t want to be tarnished for life due to this situation. I want to go to any track USA and still have my racing family.

quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
So I went back an looked at MR. Hollomans winner picture an low an behold MR. Waters your name is right there on the check so how can you say you had nothing to do with it...just saying...

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’m truly just trying to figure out how you say you had nothing to do with it...when your name was on the check...All I think anybody wants is the REAL truth..and you had to know the purse could not be paid from the get go...

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
whomp .000

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been informed by both Wesley and Danny that I will be paid in full in cash tonight. We are meeting in a public area, with witnesses. Hope it's resolved and put behind us soon.

Posts: 5 | Location: CAROLINA | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Danny Waters Jr:
Is this the way the majority of my fellow racers feels? I honestly want to know. My name was on every big check, as I was asked to help promote the brand and obtain sponsors. I want honest feedback. I have worked my butt off to be able to race and help others. I don’t want to be tarnished for life due to this situation. I want to go to any track USA and still have my racing family.[QUOTE]

I have no dog in this fight, but since you asked... I saw your name on the flyers, checks, etc and I also assumed you guys were equal partners.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 648 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
Danny is just trying to cover his ass. If Wesley goes to jail, Danny will be within shouting distance.

The crooks are lucky jails an option. There could have just as easily been the wrong dude to mess with in that bunch that forced them to move in next door to Jimmy Hoffa.

On a side note, "No Money Promotions" turned out to be one of the greatest SFG advertisers of the year. I guess he wont be giving Kyle any more advice on how to run a bracket race Laughing Hard

Posts: 237 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I just wonder how this happened. I'm sure I don't understand how these races go together. But was the race not solvent due to lack of turnout? If the turnout was good, I would just imagine that everything could be taken care of before trailers roll out of the race track. Perhaps not in cash. But do a bunch of racers' checks bounce?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I just wonder how this happened. I'm sure I don't understand how these races go together. But was the race not solvent due to lack of turnout? If the turnout was good, I would just imagine that everything could be taken care of before trailers roll out of the race track. Perhaps not in cash. But do a bunch of racers' checks bounce?

I have no idea what went wrong,but it reminds me of a Super Bowl pool that a guy at work had a few years ago.

When it came time to pay the winners,a bunch of people never paid for their squares,so he didn't have the money to pay the winners.

Not saying that is what happened here,but extending credit to good friends and coworkers doesn't always work out.

Strangely enough,the only people that were upset were the winners.The people that lost said "Oh well,I didn't win anyways".

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will Holloman has now been paid in full for all that may be wondering. Thanks for the input.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good deal...