DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    It's not a rumor...Bandimere is closing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's not a rumor...Bandimere is closing
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
https://www.nhra.com/news/2023...ew-location-continue

the family is trying to find a suitable location to build a new facility, but no timeline has been set for that to happen.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Definitely wont be the last track to close. Get use to this new trend.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Back in 1958 John Bandimere Sr. drove his all white 1957 Chevy 283 two door Belaire from Denver, Colorado to the Lancaster, Pennsylvania Dragway and raced several of the really quick local guys. I can't remember if it was a powerglide or four speed can but I can remember that it was very fast. At the time Harold Ramsey, Lanny Lowery and Don Potter (Pontiac) had been the quickest stockers for many months, John Bandimere beat all of them that Saturday night.

I was 17 at the time, never forgot that night.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Cannot confirm as fact.
But, from what I was told while doing chassis certs at Albuquerque Raceway last Saturday, Bandimere plans to build a new track somewhere around the airport. Robert said the facility was worth 5 times what the new property was worth and they would need to sell the track in order to fund a new one.

Can't confirm as truth but Robert seemed to know and be friendly with them..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post