New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summit Wins Again
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Just received my first NHRA contingency award from a divisional race earlier this year and as usual, Summit Racing is the first one to arrive! Most companies are usually pretty good but some!!!!

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I was talking to a friend last night who won a national event in August, and he said he hasn't received a single contingency check yet.

My reply was, "not even Summit?"

So, same impression of them, and a big thanks to Summit for that!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3165 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The contingency program with NHRA is terrible and has deteriorated over the years

It's an empty shell of what it once was....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
If you have a Pro Shop account it shouldn't take long. Comp Cams and Summit have been the first to pay me in the last year.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I was talking to a friend last night who won a national event in August, and he said he hasn't received a single contingency check yet.

My reply was, "not even Summit?"

So, same impression of them, and a big thanks to Summit for that!

Mine was from August too! There's been some turnover in D1 this year which may be the delay from normal.

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
The contingency program with NHRA is terrible and has deteriorated over the years

It's an empty shell of what it once was....

Rich

It is, not unlike anything else in this corporate money hungry increase profits each year BS we now live in!

But Summit deserves an "AT A BOY!"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Al you are spot on about that for sure

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know if you win a lot, it's all about the $$. but it always seemed crazy to paint these beautiful cars and then put the ugly stickers all over them.

Posts: 268 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Within 3 weeks of race, checks from Summit & Foggit arrived

Many years ago Valvoline wrote checks at the end of the track , I had checks before the crew got there.
Things have changed

Posts: 85 | Location: Benicia Ca | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve said before you pay to enter gate you should get paid to leave gate….

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Over the years the payout deals and contingency programs became like dealing with a corporate entity.....and the contingency program deteriorated a huge amount

It is what it is and if you choose to race with NHRA you're there for other reasons....not the $$ that's for sure

I just ordered a Dart block from Summit....they are a great sponsor and with the Pro Shop deal it's appreciated....

We cannot go on and on about what was...We have what we have and make the best of it.....Summit is still a big sponsor so I buy from them when I'm doing an engine and I am again now...

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jegs arrived about 5 days later for a second place finish!

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
When I was running stock Mopar paid me about $4,500.00 for 1964 cylinder heads, are they still doing that?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i cant say the same. i just got my summit for a r-up back in march. jegs used to be good to pay promptly as well and i just got it. hope they dont wait as long for the two recent ones i have.

some companies seem to have unwritten rules. i wish they would share them.

ep-seems like 25% are not gonna no matter what.

Posts: 767 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
I know if you win a lot, it's all about the $$. but it always seemed crazy to paint these beautiful cars and then put the ugly stickers all over them.

This is exactly why I didn't even fill out the form when I beat Top38 in the final. Wink

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:

I agree with you there, certainly do not want stickers all over my cars.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Off-topic, but on vintage race cars, the stickers can add a vintage vibe.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
NHRA has made it difficult to have them administer our contingency program.

Crew Chief Pro paid contingency for fifteen years outside of NHRA's control. This year they finally convinced me to give them a try. They said the enormous costs they usually tried to get from the companies would be waived, so I said, "Great, let's give it a try."

So, Crew Chief Pro pays contingency through NHRA this year. Only problem, we can't see who claimed it unless they contact us directly. NHRA sends out a claim form, but you have to log into their site in order to see it. Problem is, they haven't given us a login for that site, even though they tell me every week they will have it handled...

I just want someone at NHRA to live up to their promises. Now they want a bunch of money for division races after telling me the costs were minimal at the start of the season. This is why companies get out of contingency, it is too confusing and really doesn't do much for us.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1382 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
DRR Pro

posted November 02, 2023 11:29 PM Hide Post

Crew Chief Pro paid contingency for fifteen years outside of NHRA's control. This year they finally convinced me to give them a try. They said the enormous costs they usually tried to get from the companies would be waived, so I said, "Great, let's give it a try."

So, Crew Chief Pro pays contingency through NHRA this year. Only problem, we can't see who claimed it unless they contact us directly. NHRA sends out a claim form, but you have to log into their site in order to see it. Problem is, they haven't given us a login for that site, even though they tell me every week they will have it handled...

I just want someone at NHRA to live up to their promises. Now they want a bunch of money for division races after telling me the costs were minimal at the start of the season. This is why companies get out of contingency, it is too confusing and really doesn't do much for us.

After reading your comments it's clear that there are many reasons NOT to pay NHRA to administer the distribution of YOUR money. It quickly becomes obvious that it's a really bad, and expensive idea. The process of giving money away can't be that difficult. You establish the program requirements and have the people claiming the award provide the proof before mailing the check.

Why involve NHRA in the process, it's your company and your money. They are simply using you to bolster their pitiful purse.

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software:

Years ago when I ran a Rons FI Toilet, he paid contingency outside of NHRA. All you had to do was send them a picture in the winners circle and they sent you the check.

Don, it seems to me you would be better off going back to what you once did that worked, even if it added more time to your program. Better customer service at least..

Dave

DC 1: I do appreciate your customer service as you have helped me more than once when I had issues at the track. My issues..Not Crew Chiefs.

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post