Tools

Bad MotherTrucker
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
That was cool

I dig the reverb electric guitar playing National Anthem as well.

Americana

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That thing is wadding up the tire seriously! Look at the chute tethers on the leave. Everything about this pic makes me smile! Big Grin JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pivotdoc:
That thing is wadding up the tire seriously! Look at the chute tethers on the leave. Everything about this pic makes me smile! Big Grin JB

JB,
If that header ain't touching it’s very close! Great shot! Another tuning aide!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4495 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by pivotdoc:

JB,
If that header ain't touching it’s very close! Great shot! Another tuning aide!

New anti roll bar technology. Old design really though, probably.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Like Bernstein’s right torque wheel? It was a great idea.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4495 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
That is a badass run. Super cool that Richard wheeled it. Amazing that the car had just been sitting for 3 years prior to this weekend. I loved watching the car leave, just hook & go. If anyone is in a hurry, just go to 2:45 for the run, and watch it again in slow-mo at 4:15.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have not heard of this

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

I have not heard of this

Kenny’s Crew Chief came up with a small wheel in front of the right rear wheel to counter/control the torque plant on the right rear. but they abandoned the idea later.

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

I have not heard of this

Kenny’s Crew Chief came up with a small wheel in front of the right rear wheel to counter/control the torque plant on the right rear. but they abandoned the idea later.

It's funny I thought of something like this, like a mini wheelie bar mounted right to the rear end, recently. It seemed like it may not be forgiving. The hope was to avoid crushing the tire and shaking.
Interesting thx!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed Schuck Sr.( RIP) Had the fastest C/ED in the country with two small wheels directly below or maybe an inch aft the axle and they worked great!

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ed Schuck Sr.( RIP) Had the fastest C/ED in the country with two small wheels directly below or maybe an inch aft the axle and they worked great!

I looked it up and that's just what I was thinking of doing! That car left nice for sure. Wonder how effective it would be keeping the tire from getting crushed when leaving hard.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I think it would be very effective and I’d probably still run a wheelie bar. My thinking is at some point it would climb the ring gear a ways out and turn into a big wheelie.. nice in my stocker but not nice in an FED/altered.. HMMMM

BTW his ( Schucks) were not solid, had pretty stiff springs on it.m
I can probably get pictures , we are good friends with the family.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Thx I can just barely see them in a video of the car launching.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo