DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Enclosed trailer roof panels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enclosed trailer roof panels
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Need to buy a few interior roof panels for my enclosed.
I’m told their vinyl coated.
Trailer supply wants $75.00 a sheet.
Anyone know of a better deal before I pull the trigger on these.

Posts: 691 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ken MacNicol
posted Hide Post
Lowes or Home depot has them here . 20 something each

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville, Tenn. | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine just bought all the panels for his 28FT. He bought it bare. All white. Time on his hands. >> Retired. Were not expensive at all from one of the BB stores. I'll see what he bought.I believe he used,

DPI™ Smooth 4' x 8' White Wall Panel. The FRP was a tad more.(Raised)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
A friend of mine just bought all the panels for his 28FT. He bought it bare. All white. Time on his hands. >> Retired. Were not expensive at all from one of the BB stores. I'll see what he bought.I believe he used,

DPI™ Smooth 4' x 8' White Wall Panel. The FRP was a tad more.(Raised)

I used the DPI, 6 sheets in the living quarters. Looks really nice. I used real wood 1.5x.250 trim pieces. Looks way better that the plastic junk.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I used Luan plywood and painted it white, worked for me. I had a friend that had his done in white aluminum, looked good.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I got them from a local trailer manufacturer for $30 each 4 years ago.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:

So is that $120 each under current administration?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:

So is that $120 each under current administration?

Went to Lowe’s , saw OSB 1/2 for 69$ a sheet. Three months ago was 48$!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
STK 758.

Not sure where you are but damn. I thought 38 a sheet was stupid price. Before covid panic a demic crap it was 12 bucks a sheet.
I did see a sheet of 1/2" sanded plywood at 76 today.

As for OP's question. I used white aluminum' looks good/ I did happen across deal at local scrap yard that had about 300 sheets and I got them for 18 per sheet.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post