DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No-Box & no burnout across line?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
No-Box & no burnout across line?
 Login/Join
 
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I'm pro Evidence, that's why I grabbed the screen shot of the two foot honest mistake. The reason he's hard on the brakes, is because he realized he took a split second long verifying he approved / liked his position in the groove.

I wouldn't have thrown him out if I were the starter, because I see what he did to make an honest mistake.

I might have opened the door and suggested he tighten up.



So use your screenshot evidence and tell us if he violated the "no box cars are not permitted to cross the starting line during the burnout" rule? The answer is yes. The flyer states "infractions can result in DQ, suspension, forfeit of entries and/or money", so the starter wasn't being a hero, he was enforcing the stated rule that the track already had set as precedent.

It sucks for him, I'm surprised they didn't use a warning for both instances, but it shouldn't be a shock to anyone.


Who said I was shocked? Everything I've said should lead you believe I'm not shocked.

There seems to be a weird vibe at this track. I was watching around 2 am and there was a couple burn downs on the starting line, and the announcer was calling for both cars involved in the burn down, to be DQ'd.

I thought that sounded odd, like it's the officials against the racers.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Firebird1:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
If you don’t understand the meaning, the intent of the rule, you are not qualified to be on the track!

Hey Hugh, didn't know anyone ever qualifies to be on the track per their understanding of the rules? You must have passed the special test(we're very proud of you). I know what the rules are, it's not my job to enforce them. The question is how am I supposed to read the starters mind for their interpretation in the heat of battle?
My example


That sure sucks that you traveled so far only to be DQ'd.

I don't run at that track regularly, but that starter has always been very nice when I am there.

Big event, lots of cars, sticking to posted rules are usually tightly enforced at a lot of tracks.

Did you happen to have a minor dust up prior to this run?
 
Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had a friend from Akron entered in Super Pro, so I watched quite a bit of this. I actually saw the first guy who was DQ'd but when I saw it I couldn't figure out why the announcer was saying the guy was making a parade lap of shame because I turned it on as the announcer was saying it.

The first guy was clearly unaware of the rule, he's backing up real slow here, you can barely see his bumper, he went passed it quite a ways.

Looks like a pretty decent race but the last thing ya wanna do is DQ people, unless you have to.

DQ a guy then say he's making a parade lap of shame is a REAL bad idea! His parents and grand parents probably waited all day tuned in to see the kid race. Young kid probably just started racing. There's no shame in an honest mistake what's wrong with these people?

Shame on the announcer more like.

Power mad people.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Firebird1
posted Hide Post
In this instance it was actually 1st round of the 64 car shoot out 32 Box & 32 No-Box.
I seen some Box cars roll the line, I didn't see the starter check for any delay boxes in any car or DQ any of them.
I'm just saying that the delay-box has absolutely nothing to do with why a car can or cannot cross the starting line!
Also...I didn't see the rear tires spinning across the line which would indicate a "burnout" is being performed "under power"!
He clearly barely coasted across the line and didn't hold anyone up at all.
Just thought I'd point out some fu*kery thats all the end.
 
Posts: 240 | Location: Southern Ontario,Canada | Registered: February 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This seems like a fairly simple concept meant to keep races moving along at a decent clip. If we want starters to have to interpret intent......well do we need a polygraph here too?
As far as doing it on accident: If I give the stripe back by mistake, can that be forgiven as well? I'm perplexed by how some can make a simple rule so damn complicated.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6319 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Firebird1:
In this instance it was actually 1st round of the 64 car shoot out 32 Box & 32 No-Box.
I seen some Box cars roll the line, I didn't see the starter check for any delay boxes in any car or DQ any of them.
I'm just saying that the delay-box has absolutely nothing to do with why a car can or cannot cross the starting line!
Also...I didn't see the rear tires spinning across the line which would indicate a "burnout" is being performed "under power"!
He clearly barely coasted across the line and didn't hold anyone up at all.
Just thought I'd point out some fu*kery thats all the end.

Well the box and nobox cars were separated till the finals so started didn’t need to be looking for boxes in cars.
When you drive 10’ past the edge of the water then go 6” too far who’s at fault here? I was just about stopped after my burnout where he starts his just saying. If you wanted to put some money on it I could do a burnout without use of linelock and still stop way before the line then lay down a 5.40ish pass straight down Broadway.
 
Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
This seems like a fairly simple concept meant to keep races moving along at a decent clip. If we want starters to have to interpret intent......well do we need a polygraph here too?
As far as doing it on accident: If I give the stripe back by mistake, can that be forgiven as well? I'm perplexed by how some can make a simple rule so damn complicated.


Ha Ha Ha, go watch either instance when a racer is DQ'd before the race even starts for crossing the starting line before speaking, so you can make some sense if you decide to add your opinion, at least it'll be coherent with reality.

In both instances, throwing the racer out before the race started held the race up. The starter was shuffling feet while talking into his head mic like he was saying I got one boss, I got one boss , I got one boss, what should I do??? LoL.

Nazi ignorance. If the starting line is good enough for one car to cross, it's good enough for any car in the race to cross.

If walmart can earn, Bandimere can earn.

Irrational rules are always about control / obedience / initiation, not purpose.

These people are DQ'ing racers before the race even starts.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
AGAIN...

If you don’t understand the meaning, the intent of the rule and need clarification of a word you deem "key", you are not qualified to be on the track!
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I mean seriously i questioned this whole 6.50 car burnout across the line to begin with. These are bracket cars not promods. If you really think your car will 60 foot better if you do a funny car burnout lol to be honest. Go back and watch the last few big races you are seeing more and more of this kind off burnout. I just got to ask why?


"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55
 
Posts: 1378 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Then the announcer is shaming the racer they DQ'd before the race even started, on the live feed. When it's apparent the racer was unaware of the rule.

Intent is a perception / intuition man possesses, unlike a wild animal.

Intuition is what differentiates man from beast.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Then the announcer is shaming the racer they DQ'd before the race even started, on the live feed. When it's apparent the racer was unaware of the rule.

Intent is a perception / intuition man possesses, unlike a wild animal.

Intuition is what differentiates man from beast.


Unware of a rule preventing doorcars not burnout across the starting line? GTFO with that nonsense. I knew that rule day 1 many decades ago...


"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55
 
Posts: 1378 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Then the announcer is shaming the racer they DQ'd before the race even started, on the live feed. When it's apparent the racer was unaware of the rule.

Intent is a perception / intuition man possesses, unlike a wild animal.

Intuition is what differentiates man from beast.


Unware of a rule preventing doorcars not burnout across the starting line? GTFO with that nonsense. I knew that rule day 1 many decades ago...


You haven't read any of this and you don't know the rule either.

It's not "doorcars" that can't cross the starting line.

Go re-read the thread, then come back when you know what's going on.

When you figure out the rule that DQ'd two racers before their race even started, then add your opinion.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I did the biggest burnout of my entire life at Quaker last year, and didn't come anywhere NEAR the starting line. This is not rocket science.

https://www.facebook.com/DragC...eos/336518347290040/

I've only ever rolled past the starting line after a burnout once in my life, driving an unfamiliar car that I couldn't see out of and the line lock didn't work. It was one of the most embarrassing things I've done. I never did it again. (I try to keep it fresh and do NEW embarrassing things!)

The IHRA Rulebook states: "BURNOUTS: Limited to one across starting line for NFC, TS, TD, QR and Top ET. Prohibited in all other classes. One warning will be issued at the discretion of the race
director for any violation."

A lot of places don't enforce that. Quaker announced numerous times that they DO enforce it. In **my opinion**, they should've given a warning, but they were not required to. Shoot, when I was working for IHRA in the Bader era, I got thrown out at Quaker TWICE in one day. I accepted it like a man, and tried to make sure it never happened again. (It was a brake issue, and I'm not an aggressive finish line driver at all. New front brakes reacted completely different than the old ones, DQ #1. I adjusted the brake proportioning valve, but apparently went the wrong way, DQ #2. Adjusted it the other way, problem solved.)

If you don't like a rule, petition the sanctioning body or the track to change it.


__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

 
Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Then the announcer is shaming the racer they DQ'd before the race even started, on the live feed. When it's apparent the racer was unaware of the rule.

Intent is a perception / intuition man possesses, unlike a wild animal.

Intuition is what differentiates man from beast.


Unware of a rule preventing doorcars not burnout across the starting line? GTFO with that nonsense. I knew that rule day 1 many decades ago...


You haven't read any of this and you don't know the rule either.

It's not "doorcars" that can't cross the starting line.

Go re-read the thread, then come back when you know what's going on.

When you figure out the rule that DQ'd two racers before their race even started, then add your opinion.


I am talking about door cars period now have a nice day.. Box and no box


"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55
 
Posts: 1378 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Our home track (now closed) added "vehicles with front brakes" to the rule.

Super/Top ET were allowed to cross the starting line only if they did not have front brakes.


72 Nova "Hooptie"
 
Posts: 728 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
This is not rocket science.



Your entire argument has nothing to do with the topic, I left the only interesting portion of your reply according to the OP's question.

It may take a rocket scientist to explain a rule that says if your car has a delay box, door car or otherwise, you can burnout past the starting line, but if your car doesn't have a delay box, you can't.

If it's not rocket science, maybe you can explain?
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
This is not rocket science.



Your entire argument has nothing to do with the topic, I left the only interesting portion of your reply according to the OP's question.

It may take a rocket scientist to explain a rule that says if your car has a delay box, door car or otherwise, you can burnout past the starting line, but if your car doesn't have a delay box, you can't.

If it's not rocket science, maybe you can explain?

Apparently it is beyond your comprehension as it say top et in the rule book not box as far as burnout rule. Obviously if you were a nobox car running in the box or top et class you can burnout through starting line as the rule is a class rule not a box or not rule. Duh.
 
Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Damn, you're still not grasping the topic eh? Look at Firebird1 last post, it might come to you. This was a shootout race with 32 no box and 32 box cars , so the DQ came down solely, to if you had a box in the car, or not.

Now do you get it?

Michael Beard says it's not "rocket science" he'll explain how the starter knows who to DQ, and who not to DQ. LoL!
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Michael Beard says it's not "rocket science" he'll explain how the starter knows who to DQ, and who not to DQ. LoL!


Even though you chose to apply my quote to something different than what I was talking about, NO, the situation you describe isn't rocket science, either. The No-Box and Box classes are run completely separate until the finals. I won the Shootout at the August event last year, so I am well aware of how it operates. They keep up with having CrossTalk off and honoring deep staging during the No-Box side. Applying other No-Box specific rules is standard operating procedure.

It's too bad that people constantly quote your ravings, so I actually have to see them around my Ignore directive.

 
Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Michael Beard says it's not "rocket science" he'll explain how the starter knows who to DQ, and who not to DQ. LoL!


Even though you chose to apply my quote to something different than what I was talking about, NO, the situation you describe isn't rocket science, either. The No-Box and Box classes are run completely separate until the finals. I won the Shootout at the August event last year, so I am well aware of how it operates. They keep up with having CrossTalk off and honoring deep staging during the No-Box side. Applying other No-Box specific rules is standard operating procedure.

It's too bad that people constantly quote your ravings, so I actually have to see them around my Ignore directive.



What's not rocket science? The explanation for why a delay box determines whether or not, a racer is eligible to cross the starting line?

This is the topic. If it's not rocket science, spill it, explain the logic?

I gotta hear this.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No-Box & no burnout across line?

© DragRaceResults.com 2024