DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Why do all the door cars have tinted windows?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do all the door cars have tinted windows?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
How can you see the other lane at night? Especially a fast black dragster running up on you? I guess there is a perceived advantage, from the other guy not being able to see you?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
just one of many NHRA rules that isn't enforced.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
just one of many NHRA rules that isn't enforced.

Which begs the question, what are the real rules and what are the feel-free-to-ignore rules?

Mike

Posts: 1589 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
leave my windows alone lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1413 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Window tint is not legal?

Posts: 529 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
To the original question, cooler in car and less glare off natural aluminum finishes.

Posts: 529 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Window tint is not legal?

NO

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Which rule bans tint?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
MHRA Rulebook. I don't recall the section in General Requirements.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So you are guessing?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For E.T. cars as long as it meets state requirements it is legal.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NO I'm not guessing!

Section 21 7:8 Windshield, Windows pg.36

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Please educate me on the rule then.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The rule I go by is in E.T. section 7.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
The rule I go by is in E.T. section 7.

That section refers you to to 7:8 in the General Regulations

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NHRA clear as mud again.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So glass can be tinted but plastic can't?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no crystal clear, pun intended. Further, I had a racer DQ'd many years ago and cited this rule.

OEM tinted glass/windows is allowed, aftermarket film/tint is not and which is also illegal in many states.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you, that was much easier than looking it up myself. Smile