DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Immokalee Winter Warm Up - LIVE COVERAGE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Immokalee Winter Warm Up - LIVE COVERAGE
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Last minute addition as MMTV headed to Immokalee overnight to bring this years's Winter Warm Up to everyone all week long.

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Another all door car final. Caroline McCarty gets the win over a redlighting Gary Williams

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Wasn't immokalee gonna be closed down at some point? Or am I making that up? Is it that track or Palm beach that's actually a temporary dragstrip on a military air base runway and can be cleared if ever needed.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
Wasn't immokalee gonna be closed down at some point? Or am I making that up? Is it that track or Palm beach that's actually a temporary dragstrip on a military air base runway and can be cleared if ever needed.

Palm beach shut down. It was a dragstrip and a road course. Immokalee is at an airport. They did have some issues with the airport needing more room and had to move the dragstrip further down decreasing the shut down a little bit. The track has been going strong. Nice track if you're thinking about going. The Hester family are great people and treat the racers extremely well.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Met the Hester's once about 20 years ago.

Went to Bradenton 5Day and after day 2 broke/ repaired everything but the engine. After beaking the R&P, driveshaft and trans case we threw in the towel.

Anyway, day 3 we went down to immokalee to pick up a bare dragster chassis that a friend had bought to take back to NJ.

Very nice people! Even got free tshirts. I think the track was running and might have fed us.

Funny thing is, the Hester's ended up buying the car a couple years later as a running car.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Troy Williams getting the win tonight in his dragster over a redlighting AJ Ashe

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
50,000 to win Saturday!

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Immokalee a great track. The Hesters and crew make you feel like family. I been running there 20 years now. I hurt transmission on 1st day of winterfest last week so I been spectating on motormania.

Thanks to track and all sponsors for putting on an event like this.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Vic (No Good!) announced that in 2024 the event would be a $51k (McCarty 51st yr) along with a $25k (Immokalee 25th yr) and several $10ks. I put it on the race calendar. Looked like an Excellent race event and great weather.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Marie Muller defeats Doug Foley Jr in the $50k