DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SS/AH Hemis and Factory Stock now in Comp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SS/AH Hemis and Factory Stock now in Comp
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Don't know if everyone saw this or not but the Hemi cars and the Factory Stockers can now run Comp Eliminator.

8.75 index for the Hemis and 8.47 for F/S

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5311 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and the ole boys on Classracer.com are b i t c hin about it too.. LOL They just cant please those guys.

I think the F/S would be awesome.

A 8.75 index is pretty tough considering #1 qualifier last year at Indy in shootout was a 8.52.

Posts: 910 | Location: The problem with your gene pool is that there's no lifeguard... | Registered: April 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Lol yeah they all want instant index ( like FS in stock and ) to be competitive without working on it. They just gave AH index back in SS so they could move up the Q ladder for the Big Show and now this? WTH? FS cars... same boat...Comp needs car numbers.. I see it as a chess move, next...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Barry is so right, Comp needs car count bad. This should be very interesting as the year progresses, most think a perfect world never changes. Oh well.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You will never please the majority of the AH racers. They asked to be put into Comp, and then expect NHRA to make them top of the pack cars there too.

I can see NHRA's reason for the high index though, it keeps the slower AH cars from cluttering up Comp. If you look at the Q sheet from Indy for the AH cars, half of the field would have qualified for Comp. I think that's a fair split given the soft SS index the lower guys can run off of now. Most of the average AH cars are in the 8.8-8.9 range, NHRA just gave them 3/10th's and made them instant -.7 under cars with the index change. No need for them to be in Comp in my opinion. Let the fast guys play in their own sandbox.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
You need to able to run six under your or the class index to even think about winning most of the time!

Being a great "wheel racer" will help hold off the dreaded CIC hits, if you are good!

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post