New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trail cams
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Like to be able to monitor trails real time and also keep an eye on my wife’s flower stand. Two cams ideally. I’m thinking cell service and solar for power.
I see a bunch of Amazon options reasonable. Anyone use any and have advice or guidance?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I suppose it could be referred to as a stand alone security camera

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in knowing what you learn. I have a bunch of Deer and Turkey at my house and may get one myself. I feed the Deer but they usually come in right before dark or later at night.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
For deer cams , my experience has been spartan cams are the best I have used, not sure you can get a real time tho, I have to have movement to get a pic or video

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
For deer cams , my experience has been spartan cams are the best I have used, not sure you can get a real time tho, I have to have movement to get a pic or video

That's what I'm learning thus far. That the number of pictures per month is limited. Some want a seperate video plan. And live video is not an option with any I have seen so far.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo