Find
Notify
Tools

ProCharger Bellmouth or ??
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
We are currently running a ProCharger F-3R-112 with a big K&N racing air cleaner on our side slinger Top Dragster. [Picture is from our Nitrous engine]

My engine guy says I am losing boost from the filter restriction.

ProCharger want $538 for their Bellmouth inlet.

While I am sure it works well, is there a better Bellmouth Inlet from another company that has a lower price.

I don't want to sacrifice performance over price, but if I can save a buck or two that's even better!

Thanks...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Gerard,

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dave, For what its worth, We ran a Filter on our F-2 side slinger( The inlet faced the rear) On our application the car was faster with the filter, than it was without it,We did not have a Bell...We now run a F-3 with the inlet facing the front (into the wind)
No difference in Boost Numbers with the Procharger Bell or without it....Havent tried a Filter and won't in this configuration....

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Gerard:

My engine guy says I am losing boost from the filter restriction.

I agree you may lose boost from the restriction. Do you need more boost? IMO, I would leave the filter on & change the pulley(s) to pick-up your boost.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post