DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
tongue weight.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
42' goose=34' tag, yes.

Once you tow a goose, you'd never want a tag again, you literally can't make them sway and can make maneuvers at speed you could never do with a tag. That being said, they are more expensive and take more room to store. Not sure about the resale part.

True. I have a 30 foot version of each. The Gooseneck is my favorite to tow! But, when I ordered it, that was almost $5k extra compared to a 30 foot TAG version. You do lose floor space, but gain a lot of storage space, so it really depends on how you want to arrange your stuff. The resale market is very small too since only a Pickup can be used to tow them. Since I have no intention of ever owning a motorhome I would buy another Gooseneck in a heartbeat.

Now, if I had Ed's $$$$ I would love an aluminum 42 to 48 foot Gooseneck! Smile

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
tongue weight.

Longer tongue has LESS tongue weight....

Posts: 19 | Location: kentucky | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's all about trailer axle distance to hitch ball.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
it's all about trailer axle distance to hitch ball.

Agreed

Posts: 19 | Location: kentucky | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Do you load the dragster forward or back it in?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
my trailer is being built for multiple load scenarios but it's primary loading layout allows for my dragster, door car, golf cart and scooter to be hauled.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Ed at that weight or in that range I am sure it would be fine. My ATC 32ft stacker was 9800 empty with generator and a.c. unit on board. Both the T&E 34 ft stacker and 36 ft Goldrush stacker weigh over 14k unloaded with a.c. and generator on board.

I am not sold on the spread axles yet...

My mooch model 32' goldrush with no generator or A/C weighs 6900 sitting on the motorhome.. My 36' Performax weighted 11950 the same way..

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 598 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have 20kw genset, 3 ton a/c unit ducted throughout trailer, 55 gallon diesel fuel tank for Genset, sliding glass doors, 2 Lista tool boxes with L-shaped top and bottom cabinets, gear cabinet, speedair compressor, dual hydraulic landing jacks, 32 ft Girard awning, 22 foot lift, I could go on and on with stereo, on board battery chargers to plug directly into trailer to charge race cars, pit accessories and so on. The aluminum trailer became really heavy before I knew it!

On top of that load the tools spare parts, spare motor, trans, converters, fuel for 3 race cars, the race cars, the whiskey and cigars and we were at 22,800lbs quick! I was hoping for lighter as the entire rig loaded weighed 67,000 lbs with motorhome full of fuel and water.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
On top of that load the tools spare parts, spare motor, trans, converters, fuel for 3 race cars, the race cars, the whiskey and cigars and we were at 22,800lbs quick!

That's a lot of weight for a motorhome. That is Toter or Show hauler territory with a 400hp or up engine.

What HP engine is on that motorhome?

strangemagicperformance.com
oldsperformanceproducts.com

WD dealer for just about all your performance needs.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Suffern, NY | Registered: November 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strange Magic:
quote:
On top of that load the tools spare parts, spare motor, trans, converters, fuel for 3 race cars, the race cars, the whiskey and cigars and we were at 22,800lbs quick!

That's a lot of weight for a motorhome. That is Toter or Show hauler territory with a 400hp or up engine.

What HP engine is on that motorhome?

600 horse Cummins in a Showhauler.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Found the weight tickets from my registration:

Trailer hooked up to MH:
Steer axle 17,140 lbs
Drive axle 37,160 lbs
Trailer axle 16, 120 lbs
Gross 66, 960 lbs

pulled on scale again and lifted trailer off of MH:
Steer axle 17,140 lbs
Drive axle 24,680 lbs
Trailer axle 24,740 lbs
Gross 66,740 lbs

Surprisingly heavy! Nearly 13000 pounds of tongue weight!
40K hitch on MH.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
That is a lot on the drives, 12480 split on/off. Surprised the steers didn't change some. This a pusher with a air tag? Whats the GVWR on the trailer only? Max

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Found the weight tickets from my registration:

Trailer hooked up to MH:
Steer axle 17,140 lbs
Drive axle 37,160 lbs
Trailer axle 16, 120 lbs
Gross 66, 960 lbs

pulled on scale again and lifted trailer off of MH:
Steer axle 17,140 lbs
Drive axle 24,680 lbs
Trailer axle 24,740 lbs
Gross 66,740 lbs

Surprisingly heavy! Nearly 13000 pounds of tongue weight!
40K hitch on MH.

Did you step off the scale for the second weighing? Big Grin
But wow that is a lot of weight!! Especially on the tongue. That's right about at twice what my gross is with a pusher and 28' standard. You are living large! Not worthy

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Ed, what axles are they using and what wheel/tire combo?

Did you ever find an air compressor for this trailer?

I didn't see a side door (show car door) in any of the pictures. You doing one? I met a guy that did one after he had a trailer built, actually came out nice. Far better to get it done at this point of the build though.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Can you do me a favor and get the Model # and manufacturer of the hydraulic setup on that new box. Thanks. I might change over to hydraulic.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Ed, what axles are they using and what wheel/tire combo?

6,000 lb. rolling on the new Goodyear Endurance.

quote:
Did you ever find an air compressor for this trailer?

Going to use the Rolair compressor I bought last year.

quote:
I didn't see a side door (show car door) in any of the pictures. You doing one?

No. I originally had one in my quote but eliminated it because I couldn't be sure the location would be right without first loading the cars. Maybe I'll add it in the future. I did add a winch in the base cabinet.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Can you do me a favor and get the Model # and manufacturer of the hydraulic setup on that new box. Thanks. I might change over to hydraulic.

http://equalizersystems.com/pr...s/7500-lbs-capacity/

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice.
Excellent choice on the 3 axle setup, and you are SO right about the importance of axle distance to trailer ball.

Posts: 404 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post