DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
if you say so but I'll never own a gooseneck if for no other reason than goosenecks have poor resale and a 34 foot gooseneck has 8 1/2 feet less floor area than a 34 foot tag.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
42' goose=34' tag, yes.

Once you tow a goose, you'd never want a tag again, you literally can't make them sway and can make maneuvers at speed you could never do with a tag. That being said, they are more expensive and take more room to store. Not sure about the resale part.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can't say what the other state laws are. But in Illinois, 10k towed is the limit without CDL. You can have a heavy motorhome ahead of it, and just go up one rating of weight on the licence. And insurance doesn't care. But step over 10k towed and there is no non-CDL licence to make you legal. And if it has three axles, every officer around is going to call it over 10k.
That said....I know many many people with three axle stackers that are WELL over the 10k mark who do not have CDL's.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
Disappointing to see how the outer A-frame tongue beams are attached to the perimeter box frame. I was expecting to see the tongue tubes mitered into the perimeter frame for more weld surface area.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Careful there dot racer. He's like a pitbull guarding his topic. It's up for open discussion, yet it's not.

strangemagicperformance.com
oldsperformanceproducts.com

WD dealer for just about all your performance needs.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Suffern, NY | Registered: November 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOTracer:
Disappointing to see how the outer A-frame tongue beams are attached to the perimeter box frame. I was expecting to see the tongue tubes mitered into the perimeter frame for more weld surface area.

call them and tell them you're disappointed. Uncontrollable Laugh

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
no intentions of ever towing it with a motorhome in the future ? Just curious with that short 4' tongue ....

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no but my son says yes and MightyBirdF145 recommended the 4 foot tongue and tows his with a motorhome without issue.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
What is the supposed advantage to spread axles?

It looks cool lol...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

Once you tow a goose, you'd never want a tag again, you literally can't make them sway and can make maneuvers at speed you could never do with a tag......

DITTO.......whether towing with a dually, toter, or tractor, sure is nice to have that pin centered on the axle......especially when we're running late. Smile

Back on topic, I enjoy seeing a well planned build coming together whether it's a car or trailer........nice Ed.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
sorry, no new photos today. Frown

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Definitely would have got the extra length tongue....even with truck

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
well then be sure to order it on YOUR next trailer.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have it now just giving you my opinion man...to each their on...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I followed the advice of those I know and trust. Besides my current trailer has a 4 foot tongue.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I did to i have yet to purchase a toter or motor home and probably never will but my main reason was for resale..

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I know most want the longer tongue. With a truck I have never seen the need. Even with the pusher I have never hit it. Just need to watch yourself backing if turning hard. I'm just over length now. More wouldn't make that any better.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
"resale value"

When it comes to resale value, a 4 foot tongue has the better resale value. Most anyone with a motorhome or show hauler will stay away from a 3 foot tongue, knowing that you have to swing out real wide with a 3 foot tongue and always be concerned about crushing the trailer corner or the corner of the motorhome.

strangemagicperformance.com
oldsperformanceproducts.com

WD dealer for just about all your performance needs.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Suffern, NY | Registered: November 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strange Magic:
"resale value"

Most anyone with a motorhome or show hauler will stay away from a 4' foot tongue, knowing that you have to swing out real wide with a 4' foot tongue and always be concerned about crushing the trailer corner or the corner of the motorhome.

fixed it for you ..... ....

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed, why did Shawn use a short tongue? Keep over all length down?

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post