DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Floor and D rings(20) installed...

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Ed Take a look at this tongue jack. Unless you are locked in to a different one, this one has a memory functions. It's on my 2018 Travel Trailer and is great. I do not have to hold the raise or lower swicths anymore and they nailed the light with one that shines at the lock as needed.

jack with Memory

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12161 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
and a lot $ but less than the comparable T&E or Goldrush.

You get what you pay for, as you have always said.
You will never see Gold Rush, T&E, Motorsports, GMR or any of these higher end, best engineered trailers with anything other then a steel tongue section and a steel axle section, of which is incorporated into the entire aluminum structure. Aluminum fatigues and stresses over time and typically fractures in those high stress areas. If you are looking to compare, i'm sure that a rep from one of these companies can get on here and explain better. Due to the down turn of the economy, many have been bought by others and merged together.

strangemagicperformance.com
oldsperformanceproducts.com

WD dealer for just about all your performance needs.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Suffern, NY | Registered: November 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Strange is right, both my old T&E and my current GOLDRUSH have steel tongues and steel framing around axle areas. My ATC was aluminum in these areas, I can say I never had any issues with the ATC and put over 120k miles on it. The T&E and GR weigh a lot more than my ATC did too.

ED, what is the estimated weight of this new trailer?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
less than 7,000 as delivered. I'll be weighing it on the ride back from intech.

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Magic:
You will never see Gold Rush, T&E, Motorsports, GMR or any of these higher end, best engineered trailers with anything other then a steel tongue section

Ask Kyle Cultrea how that worked out for him with his Goldrush stacker on the way home from Galot. His steel tongue cracked/broke and Goldrush wants thousands to fix it.

That said, if I had no budget, I would have bought a T&E.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Ed Take a look at this tongue jack. Unless you are locked in to a different one, this one has a memory functions. It's on my 2018 Travel Trailer and is great. I do not have to hold the raise or lower swicths anymore and they nailed the light with one that shines at the lock as needed.

jack with Memory

Paul, thanks for the link, looks good but all my options have been locked in for months. Going with a hydraulic 7500 lb. Equilizer jack.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Should have gone with the spread axles.

Posts: 9 | Location: Numidia, Pa | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Stop Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vinny D:
Should have gone with the spread axles.

Why?
Beside it being pretty ugly and uses more floor space, many have reported excessive tire ware.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12161 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
all true in addition to some reporting having to remove outboard header when loading two dragsters on the floor.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed at that weight or in that range I am sure it would be fine. My ATC 32ft stacker was 9800 empty with generator and a.c. unit on board. Both the T&E 34 ft stacker and 36 ft Goldrush stacker weigh over 14k unloaded with a.c. and generator on board.

I am not sold on the spread axles yet...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
What is the supposed advantage to spread axles?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There is no advantage, only to those that bought the look and marketing.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
What is the supposed advantage to spread axles?

If you have ever towed a trailer with triple axles you would know why! Not the end of the world but they ride so much smoother when you go over the bumps, and up North here, we have lots of those suckers! Spreading a dual axle trailer will toe better/smoother than a non spread one over bumps.

On tires, unless you race for a living and log tens of thousands of miles per year, you will never wear out a set of trailer tires! They will dry rot way before you use up the tread! So some minimal addition of scuffing from spreading the axles is just a drop in the bucket.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I've had 3 triple axle trailers over the years including the one I've had now for 4 years and don't see a problem with them

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That's because there isn't one and nothing tows better.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
If i had a dollar for every tire on a spread axle i flipped around, I would never work again.A spread is a spread. Doesn't matter if it's 18K or 80K.Spread axles suffer from lateral forces along with what we call tire scuff. A lot of guys will actually drop the air bags on tight turns if they have the drop valve.Takes some of the Lateral and scuff out. Money in the bank..... Would i own a spread Nope... conventional 3 axle All day long.
Ever since the in the trucking world they came out with Super Singles, Drives and trailers. Trying to increase the efficiency. MPG. Average cost on a blow out. (1) Tire and wheel is 1400.00 on a service call. a lot of companies actually went back to conventional duals. Pop 2 super singles in a week. you'll be so broke, you won" be able to pay attention.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same thing a friend of mine told me who's in the trucking business.

TD3550...KNOWS!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Those wheel wells sure fit nice.

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That's because there isn't one and nothing tows better than a gooseneck

Fixed it for ya! Cool

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2