DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New build for 2023
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New build for 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
I was back to work in 2 weeks. I have a desk job though. If I recall, I was golfing in about a month and a half and in a race car again in about 3 months. I had a very successful experience and feel very fortunate.

Good to hear you have a positive outcome from the surgery.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My bulge ruptured, it was painful but I was painfreee immediately after surgery and never took any pain pills afterwards… I was racing soon afterwards but didn’t go back to work for a month or so, by choice

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
My bulge ruptured, it was painful but I was painfreee immediately after surgery and never took any pain pills afterwards… I was racing soon afterwards but didn’t go back to work for a month or so, by choice

Fusion surgery?

I’m hearing from others that there are alternatives to fusion here recently.

Anxious to see what the surgeon recommends when I see him tomorrow morning.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
no fusion, repaired the disk. best thing I have done to my back...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
My wife had a bulging disc about three years ago, causing severe pain. It was corrected with a laminectomy, where a surgeon goes in and slices off the bulging portion of the disc and/or bone spur. Her recovery was pretty quick and easy, and she is now extremely active, she even does squats and dead lifts at the gym. I think she had just turned 50 when she had the surgery.

My wife keeps herself fit, which is a major difference maker in any type of surgery scenario.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post