DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    would you run these hoosiers at 160mph?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

would you run these hoosiers at 160mph?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Here we go
Brand new pair of 18170 hoosier hot off the press,all around both tires cracks or splitting off the depth holes.
Grab 2 more off the shelf and they have the exact same thing going on.
Of course phone calls to hoosier unanswered chirp,chirp.
This customer wants to go racing this weekend.Im not recommending he run em.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
NO Confused Frown

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe that they are not responding to your phone calls

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
if he runs them and lives,there would be no valid proof they were that way when bought new

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ya that's what I'm saying.but I feel like an ahole now because this guy wont be able to race this weekend.
wouldn't you think a quality control check would catch this though?ive got 2 brand new sets here same problem.
they must punch them out and let em roll

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
yes the real issue is not knowing if they are really safe or not.in the end its up to him

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jenavet:

This customer wants to go racing this weekend.Im not recommending he run em.
[QUOTE]

Good call , that all you really can do...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Chinese Hoosiers?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
Don't worry Ed is texting Faron right now or he will talk to him at the 9am board meeting this morning as all Hoosier spokes persons do.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, as you know, brand new doesn't mean fresh. Who exactly were they purchased from? If they aren't answering your questions, then I would call Faron Lubbers with the tires serial #s in hand.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed
These are brand new off the Hoosier truck.came in this monday

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It is not a question of if they are FRESH it is a quality control issue.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It absolutely is a question of are they fresh. That tire is not used widely.

Mike who’s truck, Mid Atantic/Roy Freeman or Hoosier tire east?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
sounds like poor quality control to me on hoosiers part

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Nope, I would not run them...they look like they would "shake" apart sitting still...

Don't even mount that chit! I would get a refund and run old tires before I ran those or any that looked like those.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
after sleeping on it ,i think i have seen that before and not seen any other issues from it.but i am certainly not saying its ok run em.lol

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I won a set of BR1s over the winter from the Million, I tried to call Pharrook or whatever his name is that was on the Gift certificate 5 times over a month, with NO RESPONSE. Finally I mailed in the gift certificate and on it I put that I am looking for info on the tire that is like the Mickey Bubba. Week later I was sent a set of BR1s and charged me 100 bucks for shipping. Still have not got a call back, and still haven't put these pieces of **** on my car........

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 706 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I ditched the Hoosiers years ago...purple is not my color...

Posts: 1752 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
4 comments...

1. I've never had an issue getting Faron on the phone and yes it may take several attempts as the guy is traveling often.

2. I've never had one pair of Hoosiers in the sizes I've run over the past 25 years, have the wear indicator holes crack across the face of the tire.

3. Once discovered, I would too be calling Hoosier and informing them of your concerns.

4. purple is not my color either but Hoosier slicks are second to none in performance and air retention. Wink

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ed

I'm working on that this morning.hopefully they have a resolution.