DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster grab handles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster grab handles
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Bozman:
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
I built my own handle that attaches with a T-bolt clamp on upper frame rail. 1.125 chromoly bent almost 90 degrees, i’ve alreay had to make a couple more for buddies since they saw mine.

Stephen,
Can you post or send some pictures of yours? Those fat boy handles have to be worth it.

Pm sent

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Stephen I hope or someone that makes some posts photos of your handles. The older and heavier I get the harder it is to lift my 280 lb rear out of my dragster.

Posts: 397 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: May 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pm sent

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be easier to put a screw jack under the seat? Big Grin

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Honkytonk Hero these are the grab handles I am making and have made so far.

https://www.facebook.com/ThePullOut/

DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted Hide Post
Stephen, have you ever built a set for a left steer roadster? I've got a Suncoast 38, not sure how the tube the handles would attach to compare to a dragster as far as size or placement.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR2010:
Stephen, have you ever built a set for a left steer roadster? I've got a Suncoast 38, not sure how the tube the handles would attach to compare to a dragster as far as size or placement.

I havent built a set, but we could probably make something work if I had all of the particulars. I believe the roadsters have a 1.5” tube that runs all the way forward so the “saddle” part of the ones I make would be different, not a problem. If you would like, you can shoot me a message on fb and we can get measurements and some interior pics and maybe make a set that will work for you.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of the pull out handles from Stephen...LOVE EM!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
This is in the development stages for my fat ass.. Buckle a harness on and drive the car under, hook up and with a remote pull yourself out. Will work on dragsters, roadsters and convertable. Will work in hard top type door car also if you are willing to put a sunroof in...LMFAO..

Laughing very hard

Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Covey,

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dave, sometines you gotta do what you gotta do lol.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The handles look promising. I may have to redo my dash panel also and figure out a new layout to rise it a couple of inches. My knees keep hitting the fuses on the bottom of the switch panel.

Posts: 397 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: May 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a picture of the Undercover cars one that went all the way accross in front of the dash? I just bought my wife an undercover car and it's difficult for her to get out of, was thinking about doing that. I had seen one on here at some point. I think the infamous Ed posted it lol

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Will, I believe Jerry Brewer from North Carolina has the Undercover with the center handle.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post