Find
Notify
Tools

05 Sunfire
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any input on the coil for a new 7AL3? Does the 8201 underperforme? If so I want to upgrade but do I need to? Thanks

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does the 8201 under perform?

Works properly with the 7al3 in Drag Race Only mode.

https://documents.holley.com/t...coil_compability.pdf

Posts: 2450 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your input, I really do appreciate it.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Today I was able to purchase a new MSD7AL3 new in the box. The racer I bought it from decided to go with the grid and he had never opened it. Finally..

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Little Chief:
I was able to purchase a new MSD7AL3 new in the box.

Great purchase. Consider using the 2/3 step and RPM output features of the new 7al3 and remove the add on boxes that you presently use. The retard feature (both start and triggered) of this newer Black 7al3 work excellent talking to several I know using this ignition.

Posts: 2450 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Consider them gone as of today. Mr. Woodfin is also bringing me an 8251 coil and then I should be set to collect.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by The Bozman:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Little Chief:
It's got a set of heavily massaged Brodix Track 1 heads and I use Sunoco Supreme.

Gasoline is faster than methanol. I could prove it easily on my car.

If I thought it would end the debate, I would.

WRONG,
It all depends on the motor and combination. Gas may be quicker in killer air or 18 degree or more canted valve motors due to the efficiency. I have proven it the other way on almost every car I have had, which is a lot, just to make sure motors are broken in well before racing them. It may be that way for your car, not saying it isn't but to make a blank statement like that is truly ridiculous.

How many 23 degree sbc's with 23 Brodix cylinder heads have you proven it with?

BTW That's what we're discussing,,,, 23 sbc, Brodix cylinder heads, no other *motors* I'm aware of.

Wrong.....I have run both and alcohol is faster than gas on my combo....23* head.
It all depends on the combo and the efficiency as stated before.....many slips to prove it

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post