New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer winch
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What winch do you guys recommend for pulling a 3300 pound Camaro into an enclosed trailer. I don’t need top of the line, but don’t want to replace it in 2 years. I would like the wireless remote and synthetic rope preferably.

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
I know most people here despise Harbor Freight but I've been very happy with my 5000lb Badland. I bought the wireless remote with it. It comes with a cable but you can put synthetic rope on it. It pulls my 3200lb Duster into my trailer easily.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I've always used Superwinch4000. Prob overkill but I've never had a problem and leave one on my open trailer all year long. People rave about the Ching Chong Harbor Freight ones. I would def try one next time for the amount I actually use a winch.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark J
posted Hide Post
Superwinch S4000 here. That is the number for the synthetic rope. I also have a wireless setup. Works flawlessly.

Posts: 36 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good grief Ed you pull a tank in with that winch!!

For what it's worth, I've had both a 3500 and 4500 Superwinch pulling 3000lb door cars in for many years. the 3500 was more than enough for me.

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I wanted the S5500 but it was no longer available with synthetic rope so I got the 7500.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that’s CHINA JUNK....

Posts: 1257 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Parts made in China, assembled in Taiwan. Warn is made in the USA. If your to broke to buy American made products just go to Numidia and finish 28/30.

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says the jealous clueless p u s s y that ain't got shyt, ain't done shyt, contribute nothing to this forum, hides behind a screen name and couldn't buy a round at numidia.

Scotty, feel free to call me today if you want to talk about your PM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
says the jealous p u s s y that ain't got shyt, ain't done shyt, contribute nothing to this forum, hides behind a screen name and couldn't buy a round at numidia.

Scotty, feel free to call me today if you want to talk about your PM.

How to win friends and influence enemies.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you live in california, a sanctuary state and home of that POS pelosi, nuff said!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
I use a Viper ATV winch with synthetic rope. Great customer service with them also, had a small issue after a year and they replaced it for free. No issues since.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP310G:
Parts made in China, assembled in Taiwan. Warn is made in the USA. If your to broke to buy American made products just go to Numidia and finish 28/30.

Uncontrollable Laugh

Quoted for truth.

I have a Superwinch in both trailers and I've installed remote winch controls on both. The cheap ones from Ed's favorite country that supplies race parts, they're about $12 on eBay/Amazon and are universal so they work with most winches.

I have synthetic rope in my winch for 2 or 3 years now and it was a really nice upgrade. Will upgrade my wife's at some point as well. Had to buy a new fair lead for the winch because the cable had worn the old one and that would have chewed up the rope.

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong denied

My Super Winch wireless remote

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/spw-06718

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Of course Ed bought the $300 version when a $12 part works just as good.

Clearly it's because he's shorter, richer, has more round and race wins(that he'll never prove), and bigger t*ts than the rest of us! At least the last part was proven on here recently!

Spitting

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says the broke dyck!

wrong again but you're a jealous hater and anytime you want to put your junk in the other lane, you know where to find me.

I definitely have nicer cars and trailer, as well I'm better looking and as I recall I was looking across from you not up at you! NahNahTounge

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
says the broke dyck!

wrong again but you're a jealous hater and anytime you want to put your junk in the other lane, you know where to find me.

I definitely have nicer cars and trailer, as well I'm better looking and as I recall I was looking across from you not up at you! NahNahTounge

That's not true, you say you are at Numidia every race. But in another thread you said you only went to half. So you are a liar, just TRUTH AND FACTS.

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says the jealous clueless p u s s y that ain't got shyt, ain't done shyt, contributes nothing to this forum, hides behind a screen name and couldn't buy a round at numidia.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

You sure do! You've certainly spent multiple times more money than I have on your junk. But guess what, nice cars and nice trailers don't win races and I have more wins in my five years of racing than you do!