Find
Notify
Tools

Honda Generator
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Thats about right, 7000 surge and 5500 running watts. Personally I would keep the Honda 3000 just in case you need it.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Slightly off topic but relevant when looking for enough wattage / amperage. Rich, what can you tell us about paralleling two inverters of different size? I ran my 3000 Honda and My 2200 Honda in parallel last night and ran the air, and everything else I could turn on in the trailer. They seemed to load share well and the amps measured at the parallel cords were very low considering the load I was running.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
As Rich stated running the ac’s is one thing but starting them is another. Most can add an easy start kit so when the compressor kicks on it reduces the big power spike. It’s basically a capacitor that provides power to kick start the compressor. I friend of mine got two new roof air units with this built in and his Honda 2000 ran one with no issues

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have zero experience with Paralleling anything

Not in my wheelhouse....LOL

I don't work on Inverters much other than the Onan machines in RV's and nobody is paralleling a second unit.

Most Newer AC/RV t-stats have a time delay feature that old ones didn't. They don't start the compressor right away and this eliminates the problem of someone turning the T-Stat off and back on and that would cause old Onan's to bog down and trip the breaker....

The AC hot start kit is indeed just a capacitor that sometimes can help get the unit running. The cap acts a little like a momentary jump start to get the compressor going.

I tried one on my Class C MH AC/Heat pump.....It did not cool and the cap did not help and I got tired of messing with that unit.....replaced it with a NON heat pump std 15,000BTU Dometic upper unit...

That AC would trip the breaker using an extension cord from my garage to the MH......a 15 amp circuit.....

Right now I'm sure that AC unit is running for the current owner of that MH who's racing Stock at Atco

I have the broadcast on in the background.....I'm home enjoying some AC after doing some cement work this morning....Damn hard work even for just a little job...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rich. Here is where the idea came from if anyone is interested.

Parallel different size genereators

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
44 hours run time to date and the Honda EU7000is has got this! Easily powers both MH ACs, lights and a crockpot Laughing Hard as well the trailer Weather station, fan, computer, radio and both battery chargers. Current temp is 96 degrees, sunny and HOT. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
44 hours run time to date and the Honda EU7000is has got this! Easily powers both MH ACs, lights and a crockpot as well the trailer Weather station, fan, computer, radio and both battery chargers. Current temp is 96 degrees, sunny and HOT.

NICE!! How long will the 5.1 gal tank run in this mode??

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Filled this morning around 10:00am and right now the app is telling me the tank has 51% fuel left and 4.0 hours

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Current up to date retail price and projected availability for an Onan 12 commercial diesel
HDKCD-2209 120/240 output

40 weeks.....

$14,500

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Current up to date retail price and projected availability for an Onan 12 commercial diesel

40 weeks.....

$14,500

Thats insane

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

40 weeks.....

$14,500

Thats insane

I have a customer with 2 medical services buses and both have 12's on them and I service them pretty often

One has nearly 10,000 hrs.....and the maintenance manager asked about replacement when that becomes necessary...

The people above him will not be happy with the answer....

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My 10k Powertech has 11,275 hours on it and still going strong but those lead times scare me.

I've changed the oil every 250 hours, fuel filter every 500 hours and SCDIV1 has changed the belts/hoses every 3000-3500 hours or so.

The unit was out this past winter and got a clean bill of health but if it dies I'm up the creek without a paddle. Shouldn't it be down the creek?

As an insurance policy to all these lead time issues I just picked up a Honda eu7000.

One of my buddies Wink had a brand new one available that I snatched up. Cool

Haven't tested it out yet, 1320racer is doing all the proving for me! Thanks Ed

Shawn

Posts: 827 | Location: Flemington, New Jersey | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Hi Shawn.....

I miss trying to light the lamp on my side every time we race and damn we had some close ones...

The lead time and parts issues are unreal.....

Inverter/control units common in Onan 7.5's are also "unobtanium"

I changed those pretty regularly for racers and right now the only answer I got for that part is "build to order" and a 6 months wait or longer

That's a big buck item....

I Spoke to a well known racer yesterday who may need that part and if he does he's out of luck, maybe not but until he digs into his unit it's a big ??

He/they Race everywhere all the time....NHRA and some big $ brackets

It's wearing on me....

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MightyBirdF145:
I just picked up a Honda eu7000.

One of my buddies Wink had a brand new one available that I snatched up. Cool

Haven't tested it out yet, 1320racer is doing all the proving for me! Thanks Ed

Shawn

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi Rich, glad to hear you're doing well, especially after "the rumors of your demise had been greatly exaggerated". Big Grin I couldn't resist Big Grin

We did have quite a few good runs, we miss seeing you at the races.

As for generators, the insurance policy we have will serve us well at some point I'm sure. And if we don't ever need it then that's a good thing. I'm gonna squeeze every last ounce of life out of my powertech.

Hope to see you someday soon, come out and visit us all at MG in September!

Shawn

Posts: 827 | Location: Flemington, New Jersey | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
WOW, I would have followed this thread MUCH more closely if I knew it was going to bring MightyBirdF145 out of the woodwork... I feel like I just spotted sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster. Congratulations on all your success.... you smell terrific.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
44 hours run time to date and the Honda EU7000is has got this! Easily powers both MH ACs, lights and a crockpot Laughing Hard as well the trailer Weather station, fan, computer, radio and both battery chargers. Current temp is 96 degrees, sunny and HOT. Laughing very hard

Glad you finally got one. I fill mine every 12 hours if it needs it or not. I've got 600 hours on it now. It's not new enough to have the cell phone app on it though.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post