DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Servicing vac pump Q?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Servicing vac pump Q?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I'd like to clean and inspect my 4 vane moroso pump but after removing the faceplate screws like the video I can't seem to get it apart. I've removed the fittings and can feel that the vanes are in but all I seem to get is a 1/16" or so. Ideas?

No matter how many times you paint over a shadow it's still there.

Posts: 684 | Location: Galesburg Il. | Registered: December 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
remove the screws on the pulley end,take the center screw out on opposite end.it should come out then unless it sticks on the dowels. a little coaxing should do it

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That was all I needed to do, it makes me feel a little dumb but there must be different designs. The video showed removing the rotor with the body left on the mount. The guy said there's nothing on the back to remove. Mine could be an older version.

No matter how many times you paint over a shadow it's still there.

Posts: 684 | Location: Galesburg Il. | Registered: December 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
cool

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post