DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    American Racing Beadlock Centers, Need Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Racing Beadlock Centers, Need Help
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 62ChevyII
posted
A racing friend recently purchased a set of USED American Racing 16" Double Beadlocks (Trackstar Pro Series). The centers that are currently in the wheels are a 5x5.5 lug pattern and we are needing to install 5x4.75. The issue we have ran into is : the hole inside each of the wheels for the center to bolt into is a different diameter. If I remember correctly, one hole is 3/4" bigger than the hole in the other wheel. We have a set of WELD 5x4.75 centers, but only one center will fit. One center will not fit the wheel with the bigger diameter. I am thinking these are different generation wheels, even though they look identical. Maybe the first generation had a bigger hole insert than the later generation. Hopefully you guys can make out what I'm trying to explain. Can somebody offer help, a solution, a contact to get up with ???

Posts: 8 | Location: Kermit, WV | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would likely contact WELD Wheels since I think they now own American and see what they have to say. I owned a set of Pro series wheels at one time and had to change the centers and I thought a lot of the major manufactures had the same dimensions so the centers were interchangeable. Good luck! Kevin

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I would check with SANDERS....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of speedwrench44
posted Hide Post
Don't expect much if you call Weld, that way you wont be disappointed. The goofy customer service b---- answer to any question "you just need to buy new wheels". Maybe so, but the won't be Weld

Dave

Posts: 260 | Location: Heldnfelt, Texas | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 62ChevyII
posted Hide Post
We contacted one of the above mentioned companies. It wasn’t WELD, but they acted as though they didnt have a clue what we were talking about. Maybe we just didnt talk to the right person yet.

Posts: 8 | Location: Kermit, WV | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post