Bracket Talk
American Racing Beadlock Centers, Need Help

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/5767013186

June 28, 2018, 05:24 PM
62ChevyII
American Racing Beadlock Centers, Need Help
A racing friend recently purchased a set of USED American Racing 16" Double Beadlocks (Trackstar Pro Series). The centers that are currently in the wheels are a 5x5.5 lug pattern and we are needing to install 5x4.75. The issue we have ran into is : the hole inside each of the wheels for the center to bolt into is a different diameter. If I remember correctly, one hole is 3/4" bigger than the hole in the other wheel. We have a set of WELD 5x4.75 centers, but only one center will fit. One center will not fit the wheel with the bigger diameter. I am thinking these are different generation wheels, even though they look identical. Maybe the first generation had a bigger hole insert than the later generation. Hopefully you guys can make out what I'm trying to explain. Can somebody offer help, a solution, a contact to get up with ???
June 28, 2018, 07:01 PM
Undertaker II
I would likely contact WELD Wheels since I think they now own American and see what they have to say. I owned a set of Pro series wheels at one time and had to change the centers and I thought a lot of the major manufactures had the same dimensions so the centers were interchangeable. Good luck! Kevin
June 28, 2018, 08:41 PM
WHOMPWHOMP
I would check with SANDERS....
June 30, 2018, 08:29 AM
speedwrench44
Don't expect much if you call Weld, that way you wont be disappointed. The goofy customer service b---- answer to any question "you just need to buy new wheels". Maybe so, but the won't be Weld

Dave
June 30, 2018, 11:18 AM
62ChevyII
We contacted one of the above mentioned companies. It wasn’t WELD, but they acted as though they didnt have a clue what we were talking about. Maybe we just didnt talk to the right person yet.