DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepack dash backlighting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepack dash backlighting
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My UDX dash has been back once. It's bit off a deal to send it back.
And it wasn't free of charge repair.
12V

Posts: 4 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: March 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Never a issue with iq3, 6-7 years so far, including tire shake several times....

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I use RPM and no problems so far. Going on 2 seasons.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Seems a lot of people are having trouble with the digital dash. Are people starting to move away from them and back to analog?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4007 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
My Racepak made the trip to California 3 times two seasons ago. Finally narrowed the problem down to a v-net cable. Currently there is a 1.5amp fuse inline to the dash. The dash blew with a 5 amp fuse.

During that time I realized it would be good to have an engine temp and oil pressure gauge wired and ready. The only thing keeping me from converting to all analog is the dash mounting plate.

Recently I had to muck around with the connector. Think it's fixed... Knock on wood.

On the plus side, never had a backlight issue.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
And now mine's out in my daughters car. Started out as 1/2 the display couple months ago and we just lived with it. Now it's completely out and will be going back this winter.

16V

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
FYI - some of the original Racepak people have formed a company called Performance Data Systems https://racepds.com/ Call (949) 201-0032 to get a RMA number.

They can repair any Racepak part (that can be repaired) - they are the folks that designed it all.

Holley has moved the Racepak repairs to the MSD site in Texas.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:

Great, now everything you send back to them will come back with a $75 check out charge and a memo saying there was nothing wrong with it even though it's fixed.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jason jensen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:

Great, now everything you send back to them will come back with a $75 check out charge and a memo saying there was nothing wrong with it even though it's fixed.

I would have gladly paid $75 for that memo...$360 to fix display on IQ3 logger dash.

Posts: 278 | Location: Kalamazoo, MI | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:

Exactly! call PDS 949-652-6300

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
FWIW mine has been in use since 2011, always in a door car. Never an issue, always 16v. It is in my TS car currently and working fine other than a big scratch on the face(brutal help) its working like new

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Just wondering. Is the back light power from the main power wire or does it have a separate light wire?
If you suspect a voltage surge is the issue, an 18 volt zener diode, across the 12 v power feed, might be worth a try. Make sure you have a fuse on the feed side and these typical fail shorted.
Strip to pos.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223942729637

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12170 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post