DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    WILSON 632 SR20 Steel block runs 4.34 at Galot!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WILSON 632 SR20 Steel block runs 4.34 at Galot!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted
Cory's car went 4.34 at 158 mph 1 carb, N/A at 1940 lbs! SPANKY has the combo perfected IMO.

Fast, reliable, and these things FLY!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TORQIN,

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of dragracer2757
posted Hide Post
thats rolling! have been wathcing the live feed and was wondering what combo yall had in it...nice work and good luck this weekend!

Posts: 62 | Location: old hickory tn | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It’s flying, is it a steel block?

Based on what our Numidia friends and competitors are running there, we’d be running at least 4.36.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
1940 it's steel block

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Cory's car went 4.34 at 158 mph 1 carb, N/A at 1940 lbs! SPANKY has the combo perfected IMO.

Fast, reliable, and these things FLY!

Is it this 632, built with these components?

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can’t speak to Cory’s engine but I’m big on upgrades at this power level, especially lifters and rockers. Mine has .938 BAM lifters, polished PSI valve springs and steel T&D shaft rockers. Scott Duggins said…” you don’t need them” to which I replied…”but I want them”

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
It’s flying, is it a steel block?

Based on what our Numidia friends and competitors are running there, we’d be running at least 4.36.
If a 4.36 is all it would go it’s a turd…615 there going .36

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks chris. Yes it is a steel block 632.Cory's motor is version 4 and it's good. Tripp McCarty's is version 5 and it's about 22hp and 18tq better.Motors don't run over 7650. Very reliable and consistent. Not on any special gas. VP X-16

Posts: 114 | Location: pa | Registered: September 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Right Everyone’s shyt is quicker, faster, heavier than mine according to you and a few others on this forum and they’re doing it with s 615 too Laughing Hard until we are competing at the same track on the same day then not so much! Laughing very hard

Few would call anything that runs 4.30s a turd no mind at nearly 1900lbs!

That said, it’s powered my son to numerous wins, late rounds and nearly $80k in winnings last year alone and well over $100k in the 2 seasons we’ve run it. We are very happy with PAR.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right Everyone’s shyt is quicker, faster, heavier than mine according to you and a few others on this forum and they’re doing it with s 615 too Laughing Hard until we are competing at the same track on the same day then not so much! Laughing very hard

That said, it’s powered my son to numerous wins, late rounds and nearly $80k in winnings last year alone and well over $100k in the 2 seasons we’ve run it. We are very happy with PAR.

No one cares!

This thread is about a 632 Steel Block Wilson engine in Torqin’s son’s car. Not a less than impressive six fiddy by a different engine builder.

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
shut the fuc up p u s s y

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:

No one cares!

This thread is about a 632 Steel Block Wilson engine in Torqin’s son’s car. Not a less than impressive six fiddy by a different engine builder.
clapping

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ediot's motor is a 650 (fiddy) under 1900lbs?

Does that make my 582 running 4.48 @ 1925lbs a rocket ship?
And I'm only running Edelbrock Victor conventional heads.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again, Everyone’s shyt is quicker, faster, heavier than mine according to a few haters on this forum and their claims they’re doing it with a 615 too. Then not a peep from one of them when we are competing with these cars at the same track on the same day and they are NOT! We will be at the Summer Fling and there we'll see how my nearly 1900 lb. dragster stacks up against all the other dragsters with 20 degree heads. Last year there was only one car quicker by a few numbers and his engine is a 672!

That said, it doesn't mean anything, it's just fodder for this forum.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
All I know is I've been 4.45 158 at 1950 - 615 STEEL BLOCK, lol on Hoosiers, no rim screws!

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ediot has a 650 ci motor with 20 degree heads? AND under 1900 lbs?? AND has to have someone else drive it? Don't laugh, justTGIF

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Can’t y’all agree your s h i t is fast??? Lol

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You would think it could be that simple huh? Laughing Hard

I wouldn't bother saying anything to or about ediot, but since he's accusing me of bothering him I figured I might as well do it. lol

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Not that anybody cares, I went 4.42 at Immokalee before I left Florida. New fuel system (when I switched to alky), was still fat, and had no timing in it, and having tire shake issues off the line....No wheelie bar and no bottle, my car weighed 1975 with a full tank and me in it.....Also been 4.64 at Julesburg, 8200ft DA, on motor.....again fat on fuel but very close on timing.....

Sorry, just had to add that in there......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
nice !!! seeing all the times on these pipe racks has me not feeling too bad over here to have been in the .40,s with a 673 at 2355lbs and leaving a good bit on the table lol

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post