DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    LED Dial Board Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LED Dial Board Question
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think three pairs back from the Pre-stage bulb is as good a place as any, to really start paying attention to your opponents dial-in.

I don't think anyone is purposely being dyck, I think they look at the flag and scoreboard for clues as long as they can, I don't blame em, I do the same.

There's a bunch a ways to go dead on.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I have mine wired on any time the master switch is on

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Agree with Mike Nitzsche fully and raced at the same track he did a week ago and he is first class and a great example of chassis builder and bracket racer.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like 4 or 5 pairs back, at Indy, they want the dial on the car.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

I'm good with that.

Like I said my dial will be set and displayed at least 4 pairs back from head of staging.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

I'm good with that.

Like I said my dial will be set and displayed at least 4 pairs back from head of staging.

That's my approach as well, straight shooter, I don't want anything to do with cheezy win lights.

Every now and then I forget but, 99.5% of the time I roll in the lanes no third digit.

I ain't looking to confuse or contribute, to anyone entering my dial in incorrectly, into their delay box.

No cheeze, don't need it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Dial in is on the car when I leave the trailer. My dial board is on the switch, not to hide it but to prevent any drain on the battery.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
Mines wired to the battery. I don't understand the secret dial in thing. I'm going to know before I stage anyway......why be a dyck?

That seems like a good answer to me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post