DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Shifting on time
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shifting on time
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I know it would be a guess but with a 4link dragster with a 496 and 411 rear and 33 inch rear tires i thought about shifting on time where would be a good starting point

Posts: 30 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not a good idea for bracket racing

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
2.10 ,2.15

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Not a good idea for bracket racing
why or why not just asking dont know

Posts: 30 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Consistency

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was thinking that would make it more consistent but thanks for the advice

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The vast majority of bracket racers shift by rpm. I shift on time for super comp

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This seems to have worked out for me the best for the combinations I have used.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only person I know to be in 13 final rounds on 21 entries .015 total or better Super Pro bracket racing, shifts on time.

If you want it to shift 2.35 after TB release, enter 2.10.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Over 15 years ago at his local duck pond with a mid 6 second at best POS that he can’t keep in his lane, running over a foam timing block then getting DQ’d then claiming for the past 4 years on numerous forums it was a conspiracy to keep him from winning. Meanwhile, he ain’t got one big $ check, not one Wally, ain’t ever done anything outside his duck pond and no longer races.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Midget Ed, You ever hear Trump say we're gonna win so much, we're gonna get tired of winning?

Trump got that from me, I said that 15 years ago.

I race race Orlando now, you're the one of the two of us who don't race.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A 20 year old track news letter and $1k impresses no one!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Show some evidence of you racing Migdet Ed? Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It saying "Big Money" is not to impress you, it's evidence to squash your bull chit.

Show some "evidence" you race midget Ed?

You're the one of the two of us, who does not race anymore.

I race Orlando because its the best run track in Florida, by honest God fearing Americans.

Not leftist Libtards like Bradenton.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Posting the same 2 decades + old news letter again makes it no more impressive than it was when you first posted it here 10 minutes ago.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Posting the same 2 decades + old news letter again makes it no more impressive than it was when you first posted it here 10 minutes ago.

It saying "Big Money" is not to impress you, it's evidence to squash your bull chit.

Show some "evidence" you race midget Ed?

You're the one of the two of us, who does not race anymore.

I race Orlando because its the best run track in Florida, by honest God fearing Americans.

Not leftist Libtards like the tower at Bradenton.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ha, Ha that's funny!

If you ever wanna trigger midget Ed, tell him The Ripper is the only in the history of .015 total or better Super Pro bracket racing, to be in 13 finals on 21 entries.

He'll lose it!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mgeorge the only sure way to know is to try shifting on time because these two bozo wannabes will tell whatever trips their trigger today I know lots of folks DO swear by doing it if you shift early in the run it may help

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^Says a clueless nobody who too ain’t done shyt nor got shyt worth talking about! meanwhile we’ve got the big $ checks shifting on rpm and the divisional Wallys and championship as well National event Wally and #4 in the world shifting on time. NahNahTounge

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A bunch of people have been #4, every year someone is #4.

A bunch of people have won Wally's, they hand em out like T-shirts nowadays, you even have one from a track so lighty attended, it's no longer in existence.

On the otherhand only one person has been in 13 final rounds on only 21 entries, in the history of .015 total or better Super Pro bracket racing.

Hell yeah you hate those who do things you'll never come close to accomplishing yourself, or your know nothing driver. Wink